Brahma 15 help please

Anonymous

hey guys i'm not that impressed with a brahma. i was told to buy a brahma 15" from this website. maybe im just not gettin enough power to it or something. my amp im using is a large audiobahn a1500hcq. i got it for pretty much nothin. so i just decided to buy it i know its crap but it was what i could afford at the time. it claims to put out 2000rms @ 1 ohm. since that is a little over kill for a brahma i decided to wire it in a parrallel to get 4 ohms that amp puts out 500rms @ 4 ohms.(probly more around 300 for an audiobahn) i have been lookin at the hifonics brutus bx1000d which will put out 1000rms at 1 ohm which would give it the power. would this be a better amp? o yeah my box is a 3.3 cubic foot box tuned to about 30hz.

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 155
The audiobahn is crap. The BX1000D is far superior in my opinion and will give the Brahma the power it needs. As far as the box dims....Jon...Sean....Pat...anyone wanna have a shot at the 3.3 cu ft....

Anonymous

yeah i figured that the audiobahn amp was crap i think ill sell the audiobahn and buy the bx1000d. i hope that the bx1000d will give the sub the right amount of power. cuz right now i have to say it doesn't get very loud. i mean its louder right now than my friends' cars but its just not loud enough for me.

o yeah if anyone can tell me some box demensions for a box for my house. would like it to be ported. i wanta be able to take the brahma out of my car box and into my house when needed.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 157
Anon, try running the Audiobahn amp @ 1ohm, keeping the gain low (shouldn't have to worry too much, I doubt it's really doing 2000wRMS) and see how it sounds. See if you notice the difference. You may still be able to use that amp...I mean you've got it now, might as well see if it works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us