My new brahma set up

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI Usa

Post Number: 11
This is wassup.
2 12" Brahmas in a dual chambers box, each chamber will be about 2.0 to 2.3 Cu ft, not sure on how big yet.And it wil be ported to what ever Hz.

Hifonics 1500D mono amp

wire it to a 1 ohm load if bolth subs are dual 4 ohms.

What do you guys think.... please dont slam me, i dont have a assload of $$$ eather so dont tell me to get 2 13w7's and two 1000/1 jl amp's please

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 55
kick a$$ system although you might(might) be underpowering your subs a bit but, I doubt it, I would also recomend 1 15in brahama in a snail shell box on the same amp

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 133
Well, the only other thing I can think of your HO alternator, Especially running that amp @ 1ohm. Something to consider. Hate for you to get 2 Brahmas and go to turn it up a little and your charging system not be able to support it. Do you know how many amps your alt is....

Bronze Member

Novi, MI Usa

Post Number: 12
Well i got a 01 grand cherokee and i think it is over 160. . . but i'v seen aftermarket ones that are 220 amp that i could get but they are pricey.

David- i think 750 watts for each sub should be plenty. . . according to Adires site and from what other people have told me, because it is quite the size box, the bigger you go, the less power your going to need. but i could be wrong.

One more question, is there any car audio stores in michigan that carry the 12" mark II brahma or whats the best mail order or online vendor i can go to???

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 283
Contact Adire to find out about local retailers. Most retailers are on backorder because of high demand and supposed new model release.

Try them on the Alt you have first, never hurts. Then look at upgrading if neccessary.

750w in the right ported application will be perfect power. Jonathan can suggest the best dims for the box.

Good luck, should be fun.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1661
Actually, I'd rather see you get Brahmas that W7s. As far as the box, what are you looking for more of, SQ or SQ/SPL?

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 139
How does the 13w7 stack up to a Brahma or X.X.X. leaving cost asside. Strictly performance w/ the same power.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1667
Has a little more SPL due to surface area and a tad more excursion. IMO, the SQ of the Brahma and X.X.X. top the W7 though. Brahmas and X.X.X. tend to need less power and work better with less power.

Bronze Member

Novi, MI Usa

Post Number: 13
Well i like it loud when i want it to be and sound good to. So i sure do want SQ/SPL so i would guess not a huge or small box??? but not sure on how big i want to make it yet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us