Help my box is to small.....

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 20
I built a new box for my kappa perfect 12. i was aiming for a size to be around .98 - 1.02 cf. Instead it looks like it will be about .92 - .96 cf. how much of a differnce will this make. should i try and make the box bigger? any ideas on what to do? is it even worth the trouble? they are kappa perfect 12.1d, most people boxes for these seem to be 1.0 cf. any thoughts?

Bronze Member
Username: Document_c

NY

Post Number: 20
Add some polyfill to the box and it will cause it to seem to be bigger...cheap way of fixing that, should work correct me if I'm wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 340
yea add just a hair under 1lb of polyfil or ad 1in of fiberlgass insulation to every side of the box except for where your subs are mounted

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 549
generally a 10% variation one way or the other wont effect box performance but if you want to boost your volume adding one pound of polly fill or one inch of fiberglass insulation will add 10% its generally not recommended to boost more than 20% but ive seen up to 30%

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 550
jeff you beat me to it lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
thnx jeff, sorry he beat you sean maybe another time you will get him hehe

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
thanks guys i will try it without the polyfill first and if it dosent sound right, i will try the poly fill and see how it sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us