Help!!!

Anonymous

hey ive gota brahma 15" sub in a 3.3 cubic foot box tuned to about 30hz.(for sq) when im in the car its plenty loud, enough that my vison goes blury, but when i stand outside the car you can BARELY hear it. I see guys with their piece of crap subs soundin louder outside of the car. is there any way i can make it sound louder outside my car?(1995 Grand Am) ive already got the windows down. Also my car rattles like crazy on the ouside. locations include the trunk the roof and the doors. what r some ways i can stop this? ive already looked at dynamat and fatmat, any others out there?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 182
generally its a good thing that u cant hear it outside of the car...that means that you're not loosing much SPL due to "leaks" in the car.

for example:
i have a brhama 10" that is louder than many pairs of 12's inside the cab of my truck, but you can barly hear it on the outside...my truck holds in sound very well, this tends to help w/ SQ. (i do have a few rattles i need to fix though)

sound deadening should help w/ your rattling.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 69
Yea, i have the same problem, sounds super loud inside the car, but cant hear worth a shiet outside, i dont get it, my car doesnt even rattle, I.E. 99 ford taurus(all of back seats fold down)

Anonymous

ok so its seals r good then probably so it would be good for a spl comp then i think its gettin close to 150 in my car!!!my ears feel really wierd like there is a ton of pressure.(which there is lol.)what r some more suggestions for vibrations any others other than fatmat and dynamat?
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1649
It's not a problem that you can't hear it outside the car, unless your sole purpose in this hobby is to aggravate people. If you want your system to leak air outside the vehicle, go ahead and lose that efficiency, but I personally am in this for myself and not those around me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us