Mazda inf. perf. vs dyn audio

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 64
since you have heard a lot of infinity and dyn how much of a difference could you notice?

I havent heard perfects 6.5 components but i have heard dyn

from what i gather the drawback to infinity is they dont have the silk tweeter so they are a little high sounding

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 99
dynaudio is in a whole other class thus the price difference 200-250 500-800.

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 88
Oh Hell, there is a world of difference in Dynaudio stuff....especially the System 340 & 360 (which I've heard) and the 240 Esostar is supposed to be killer. (Word of mouth)

But like I was telling Jonathan I couldn't tell a huge difference between my JL ZR650-CSi set from the XR or Even the Perfects. But in Dynaudio it's much noticiable.

Now...worth the money? To me, no! Especially with how effective my ID Max's are with the Midbass transition. But Jonathan is much more of a connoisseur and could effectively tell you the differences.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1640
Big difference. Dynaudios are extremely accurate, smoother impedance curve (easier load on the amp), very neutral, warm and dynamic. Shallow crossover shines with the design of the components (components are designed to roll off near crossover freq.) making driver blending easy and also helping SQ. Low crossover freq, so no midrange "screechyness". Only competition to Dynaudios IMO are Focal and Rainbow. Perfects are nice, but they're a bit more cold and clinical, midrange is accurate, tweeter is bright and detailed, but harsh if not done right. Midbass leaves a little to be desired, making subwoofer choice important. Good crossover, but a high slope, which helps power handling of the drivers and the midrange to not have a screechy sound, but blending isn't as good between drivers. Some people describe Infinities as having a "tinny" sound, a lot of this is the off axis performance (not as good as the Dyns), the upper midrange seems to come out stronger than it should in less than ideal installations.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1642
Oh yeah, Perfects get louder than Dynaudios.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
See, told ya! All you needed to know.

Okay now my quesiton is....the Perfects are what about $250....the JL ZRs are about $375-400 abouts. Well, the Dynaudios are what....double? For double, or almost tripple the cost of the Infinity's is it worth it? I'm not talking about if you have the money or not, but more of a principle thing. Or did I just find some place where they're priced too high?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 546
i have got to hear these dynaaudio because i heard the top of the line focal conponents for 800 bucks in our shop i worked at and they were better than the mb quartz which i thought was the best before i heard the focals the focals were soooo smooth and the quarts were a bit extreme in areas esp the tweeters if you dont like a loud tweet

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1647
Dynaudios are softer and smoother than the Focals IMO. The "is it worth it" question depends on truly how serious you are about the hobby. Also depends on what you like best, if you like tuning equalizers for less mid and more bass and treble (people that like rap, dance music, etc. tend to do this most) then Dynaudios aren't for you. Anyone who wants true accuracy across the frequency range, hearing subtle nuances that you wouldn't hear usually, and a smooth, warm, detailed reproduction of the music, Dynaudios, Focal Utopias, and Rainbows are your type of components. Most Dynaudio components retail close to $1000. All dependant on size.

Anonymous

Wow, so finding the System 360 for 839 was a good deal eh?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1654
Yep. Good deal, the 360 retails close to $1200 if I remember correctly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
Cheapest I've found is $899, but still seems like a good deal. But, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1656
Really, you shouldn't overlook their 2 way components. Just because the 360 is more expensive doesn't mean it's better for your application. You have to consider what vehicle it's going in. Remember installation is 90% and 2 ways have a lot more flexibility in the install. Mainly why the most IASCA winners use 2 way components. On www.woofersetc.com you can find the 220 MkII for $489, the 240mkII is $539. 240 GTs are $589. By the way, the System 360 on that site is $799. 240 Esotar is $999. Focal Utopia 165W components on that site are $604. Just too bad you can't find Rainbow around.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Question...240mkII has 7"woofer, the GTs have 6.5". Everything else in the desc. seems the same. GTs are $50 more....why?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1666
The GT has a little flatter response. No other real differences. 240 MkII has a little better midbass IMO. I guess you're paying for convenience.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
You mean for the standard size?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1670
Yep. A lot of European mounts are considered 7" though, and since they're made in Germany they're considered 7". In American we call them 6.75" typically.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1671
I meant in American cars above

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Alright, well off to bed for me. We'll see what comes up tomorrow.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1672
I hear ya. A dealer (if there is one around) can tell you if they'll fit or if he can make them work. They're harder to install than most components, but definately worth the effort. If yours is a Mazda, Japanese cars typically use 6.75" mounts. Check to make sure, though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us