My friend just got a $5500 install in his truck are the equipment plus the install

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 22
OK he got db drive subs and amps with audiopipe loud speakers and i think the same for the door spekaers also with a kenwood flip out head unit for $5500 what do you guess think about this system i told him he could of did better. O yeah the sound was ok but i know its something better for the price. he also have a equilizer that was probaly audiopipe too. Man i hate he did that. DO YOU THINK HE COULD HAVE BOUght 4 x.x.x. and still have enough for install and everthing else help me out.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1632
I think he could have done MUCH better for the money. With $5500, here's what I would have done, I'm overestimating to assure he gets the equipment (and so that he'll have even more money left over):

Eclipse 8454 head unit ($500-600 depending on where you go)

Audiocontrol EQT 1/3 oct EQs, two of them.(around $250 each online, so $500 more)

2 Resonant Engineering X.X.X. 12 or 15" subs, and make sure to order them to be dual 1 ohm voice coils instead of dual 2 ohm($405 each for 12s, $435 each for 15", $25 each for the voice coil upgrade, so say $1000 for both after shipping to be conservative)

Either Dynaudio, Rainbow, or Focal,Components, around $1000.

Eclipse DA7232 Class D amp, (2 channel, 1000RMS per channel at 2 ohms, $1199 on woofersetc.com), then an Eclipse 33250 2 channel for components (130W x2 at 4 ohms, $269 on woofersetc.com)

That would come up to about $4600 after shipping etc, leaving $900 for install, sub box, wiring, etc. It'll sound a LOT better. Go to knukonceptz.com for quality wire for cheap. May not be enough, depends on who's installing it. Even so, if he downgraded either the amps or components a tad, he'd still be better off and cheaper. He could also downgrade amps and such to get 4 X.X.X.'s, but 2 X.X.X's is plenty , you'll never get the full potential out of them in a daily driver.

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 85
Anyone have $5000 they want to give a away to a needy person like -->MazdaMan

Anyone else drueling?

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 100
your friend got ripped off.

Speach
Unregistered guest
See, this is where I would be different than most people with money. If I won a 10 million dollars tomorrow, there's no way in hell I would go to a car dealer and say, I want that one and sign a blank check. Neither would I go to a car audio shop, even a respectable one, and say give me the best of everything you got. Money is no issue, here's my Visa, call me when it's ready! I'd still want to know every single thing that's being done and what every charge is, what every component is and what it does.

Just because I get to be a millionaire doesn't mean by next spring I want to be in poverty!

Freakin "A" :-)

"Yes, I'd like to thank my mom and my producer and my boy Trey...."

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 23
o yeah he said the head unit was like $1500 to $2000 so it probably was more than $5500 thats even crazier

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1646
I'm guessing the head unit is video then. Look into Alpine video heads and Eclipse if he wants that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us