Sub grills?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 142
yo i've finally recieved EVERYTHING i ordered for my system. 2 12" VMAXs, JBL 600.1, Apline CDA-9827, custom box, and my wiring kit. im planning to install this weekend or maybe even later this week. my dad thought i should think about sub grills but i said the hell with that. but now im asking you guys. is there any real need for them? do they actually 'protect' the subs? they will be sitting behind the seat of a 91 GMC reg cab pickup so its not like people will be touching them or anything like that. just give me some opinions guys, thanks alot.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 542
i like to protect my investment but be mindfull of the grills sticking out some when you design your box to fit in your truck

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
oh duhh me youll be firing the subs up toward the cealing lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
2 cf each for those 12s too by the way

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 143
the subs are not firing upwards, they are firing right towards the front of the car. in the late models of the GMC pickups theres hardly anyroom to fire downward or upward. and for a sealed box its only 1.0cuFT per sub, i have the box made and everything i was just wondering if they do protect the subs and are worth investing in. jonathan? wahl? FNG? JayJ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
the one cf is minimum i think but cool that works

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
and yes they would protect the subs better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help