What would you guys do?

Anonymous

ok, i recently purchased a 2001 Chevy Silverado Regular Cab and now have about $3,500 to put into my stereo, if you guys could give me some kind of set up it would be great, oh, and where to put the sub(s) also(underneath, behind, between seats)
thank you

Anonymous

$3500 is a lot, but your options are very limited in a regular cab truck.

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 39
get the tool boxes that go in the bed of your truck so that they lock, get the big ones to put your box in and put everything iside them. i know soemeone who did it and it sounded ok.

Anonymous

I doubt with $3500 to spend this guy wants some make shift thing that just "sounded ok"

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 62
lol anon

i have heard a silverado with a rectangular ported box that had 1 12" aluminum with a nice eclipse amp and it sounded fairly good so maybe try a titanium although it might be a tight fit in his truck it basically rendered the back useless for seating

If you can I would go with a good 12" in the biggest ported box you can get without messing with seating too much

because i have also heard 2 10" aluminums in seperate sealed boxes in a chevy regular cab and they sounded much worse

another option might be getting some nice dyn or focal components with one of those amps johnathan was talking about and spending your money on quality sound rather than boom

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 86
Yeah, it'd be hard to convince anyone to spend $800 on a Dyn System 360 though, and a good amp to power them. I mean if I had that money I'd do it.
That would still leave $2350 about to do whatever with the rest.

Dual 10" Kodas would be good. They are great for small sealed enclosures and are good for shallow mounting.

The Eclipse 8454 or Alpine 9835 for a HU.
Of course wiring from www.Knukonceptz.com

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 87
Yeah, it'd be hard to convince anyone to spend $800 on a Dyn System 360 though, and a good amp to power them. I mean if I had that money I'd do it.
That would still leave $2350 about to do whatever with the rest.

Dual 10" Kodas would be good. They are great for small sealed enclosures and are good for shallow mounting.

The Eclipse 8454 or Alpine 9835 for a HU.
Of course wiring from www.Knukonceptz.com

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1639
I don't know who built those boxes, but Eclipse Aluminums have great SQ IMO. In the right box they sound great.

Anonymous

What if i do Dynaudio system 360 with 2 12" eclipse Titanium, if you guys think this would work what amps and Head Units?

Anonymous

Bump

Anonymous

ok, this is what im thinkin bout doin. little bit over $3500 but ill save a little more, how much do you guys think a good installation and a box made for this will cost?

HU- VRX745VD - Clarion 7" Fully Motorized AM/FM/DVD Multimedia Unit
Subs- (2) 12" Eclipse Titaniums(if theyll fit :/
Amp- Eclipse DA7122
Speakers- Dynaudio system 360
Amp- Eclipse PA4212
wireing- knukoncepts

Anonymous

bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help