What subs to buy!!!

Username: Dirtwarrior

Post Number: 1
i am in the middle of putting a system in my new ford i just got. I had 2 10" audiobahn subs in my last truck and they were pretty good, but i want something better. I have about $400 to spend on 2 10" subs (i'm custom making the box),and have been going crazy on what to buy, so what do you thing the best sounding subs would be to buy????????
Just for sh*ts and giggles, what do you think about either the Audiobahn immortals or the kicker solobaric 10" L7's?
any feedback would be great

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 76
Audiobahns would be a no. They are just bad. The L7s, lots of people are fans but it has pretty much been illustrated on here several times that there are lots of design issues with the square subs and their SQ isn't that great.

$200 each is gonna get you some pretty nice 10s. I'm assuming this will be in another pickup.

I would go with a single 10 to be honest. Many times 1 can be better than 2.

Look at the Adire Koda 10 $229 shipped or the Brahma 10 for $349 shipped from
www.acoustic-visions.com
Or these also

-JL Audio 10W6
-Orion HCCA or H2 10"

But if you really want 2 10s, check out these:

Cerwin Vega V-Max
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1
Xtant X1044
Diamond Audio 10" M6 Titanium

All good subs IMO. Lets hear what others have to say.

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 24
Mazda man is right about the Diamonds. ARC also has some incredible 10's. Aslo, the NEW Rockford Stage 3 or Power T1 subs will absolutely numb you and give you excellent SQ...

Anonymous

w/ $400 you could go with some nice 12's!!!

like adire shivas or RE's....shivas are bout $250 a pair!!!

Anonymous

AllPro, you can't be serious about the Fosgates having "excellent SQ.." Especially the P3s. They may get loud but I wouldn't take them over an M6 or Perfect 12.1 or much else except maybe Audiobahn.
Fosgate has some serious catchin' up to do in their mainstream market. The T2 are good no doubt, but not worth the money. Their amps just plain suck! The power series is over priced for what you get. They won't be living on their 10yr old rep much longer.

Also careful about pushing your shop on here, you get reported and you won't be posting anymore. This site is here to offer advise, not to sell your store or your products. Just a heads up.

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 28
Very serious! I have been installing high-end audio for professional athletes and entertainers for over ten years. Of course there are subs with better SQ, MB Quarts new PWE12's are unbelievably musical.

Thanks for the heads up about selling here. I do not own a shop though. I can get equipment just over cost from a lot of manufactures through my relationships. Just over cost does not warrant a profitable business. Just trying to help...

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 545
stay away fom the immortals i had the quad voice coil 12 stinks for the money you can get much better subwoofers for the price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us