4 10s vs 2 15s

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 93
i amp going to go with cerwin vega vmax. i will either get 2 15s or 4 10s. what would be louder both would be in ported boxs. i was just a little concerned that 15s would be a little 2 boomy. would the 10s be low enough and very close in loudness to 2 15s. just describe the difference between the 2 please. this will be in a pathfinder if it makes a difference.

Anonymous

3 12s ??

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 53
im not exactly sure on the specs but a ported box with enought cubes for 2 15's is going to be absolutely huge

my box for 2 12s was fairly big but i had an expedition without the third row in

im guessing 2 15s will take your entire back seat and you will have to get a custom box

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 61
Yeah....try 2 or 3 12s! That's still gonna be a big box though. I wouldn't do 4 10s...but that's just me.

Bronze Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 51
ewww 4 10's id just get 2 15's and be happy :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 85
IMO It depends on the music that you listen to. Rap the 15s, rock the 10s. The best over all balance would be three 12s.

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 18
why not take the install an extra step and take out the plastic panals in the back, get some fireberglass and build a box for each 15 within the walls, then wrap it up with vinyle or carpet and it will look stock.....

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 538
sweet idea sean

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 539
hey blare holz were gonna do an install in a 98 pathfinder let me know how yours turns out

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 95
ok how about this i have a fosgate 700s amp 350watts rms per channel. could i do 3 12s giving 1 350 watts and spliting the 2nd channel to give 175 to each other sub. would that work or would the difference in power mess up the sq. would i just be better off with 2 15s.

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 61
what kind of 15's -- you need to look at specifice brands and get the specs for the cubes and measure your back seat

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 96
cerwin vega vmax

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 26
If you want to run 3 subs off the 700s you'd be best off utilizing 3 12 ohm(dual 6 ohm coils for example) subs. Bridging is the way to go for 3 subs on a two channel amp and for this amp you need to show it a 4 ohm load to get its max rated power(700 watts).

Three 12 ohm subs in parallel will give you that.

1/Req = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ..... 1/Ri or

1/Req + 1/12 + 1/12 + 1/12 = 3/12 = 1/4

Req = 4

Beats me whether any Vegas come in 12 ohm versions. I know JL w0's and the old w6's do.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 23
4 10's will be much louder than 2 15's. Not quite as low but will scream. I have a 98 pathfinder with 1 -12 and it will numb you. If you do 4 10's in a ported enclosure with the right power, you will be amazed in the SQ and SPL... Quality of the equipment will mattter though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us