Headunit removal

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 333
How should i go about removing the headunit from my boss's 2000 Civic...stock headunit at the moment, she's paying me to install her new one, the wiring is easy, just not sure on how to tackle getting the headunit out...can i just use my HU keys?

Anonymous

How hot is your boss?

Anonymous

LMAO! No doubt! To be honest, I don't know about you, but try hitting up your local audio shop, most of them will just take it out for nothing. At least get it loose from the car.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 334
how hot is my boss...she's a lez...she's a butch lez...but the job pays well...Anyone know how i can hank the thing out...

had to use Lez because ecoustics wouldn't allow the longer version...

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 65
Seriously....some of the newer cars....you can't just take out. They require special keys or "tools" to get out. Espcially like ford and even Honda, especially the CRV.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1623
If I remember correctly, that whole dash surround (the part in which houses the AC controls, air vents, etc) clips in and you pop that out, and the head unit is screwed in with a bracket. Pretty typical of Japanese cars. Better check and make sure, though, wouldn't want to make your boss mad at you if the job pays good.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1624
Also, be very careful with the A/C ducts, they don't have a lot of play in them and you don't want to break the clips off or put a hole in the hose.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us