Directed 1100d

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 69
accidentally posted this in subwoofer section so I moved it here where it's supposed to be. does anyone know what the true power rating for this is @ 1 ohm. just wondered if the rating is true, under or over.

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 73
well, I won the ebay auction for the directed 1100d, got it for 255. hopefully it's worth what I paid since nobody was able to tell me anything about it before the auction ended.

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 82
Don't have a lot of experience with Directed, but their stuff seems respectable. I don't have any reason to believe it's under-rated, but doubt it's severely over rated if at all. Jonathan is the one who would know.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1629
It's rated accurately. Good amps, it'll serve you very well and do the power it's rated for. I'm just not as much of a fan of Directed as some, not as good as they used to be, Orion and PPI degraded since they went to Directed as well. You've got a good amp on your hands though, not knocking it by any means. Sorry we didn't get to it in time. Def. worth 255.

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 87
what's normal thd for 1 ohm amps, my coil came apart from my cone and the guy is telling me it's because the amp puts out too much distortion. I don't know why that would be a reason but then again I don't know that it wouldn't be a reason either.

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 93
is .9% thd @ 1 ohm bad or is it average/good?

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 94

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 253
Well, usually class D are all rated at <1% So that's normal. My MTX is @ .421% and My JBL is @ .74%. But, seriously we wouldn't be able to tell the difference in subs. So, no worries man.

Bronze Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 95
sweet, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us