Snail shell

d Chapp
Unregistered guest
I am a noob. What is a Snailshell? Were do i get one? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 16
www.powered4sound.com

d Chapp
Unregistered guest
thank you roger o

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 114
http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=070826 you could try building one
you have to copy and paste the whole url, or it won't work

Anonymous

Have you guys check out the video with the 2 6 1/2? amazed? www.power4sound.com it's the last one under mutimedia.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 523
yes it is they figured out something very intresting and if you look at the other videos none of the other boxes do any better than a good standard built the secret to the 6.5s i think is due to things outside the box mostly...looks sorta like corner loading technics

Anonymous

Sorry about the web addy, it's www.powered4sound.com

Sean, Corner loading technic? Still it's only a 6.5s, plus they are audiohbans(?). If you can explain little bit more it would be nice, I am still fairly new to this hobby.

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
im not by any means saying the 6.5s arent impressive just the fact that they played 29 hz that well blew me away let alone the esimated 146 db the claim to hit but so much can be gained by acoustics in a vehicle alone and as i did my research just by doing corner loading technics you can gain about 6 db (its just tlike placing a home speaker in the corner of a room usually the closer you get to the wall the more pronounced the bass gets) bazoka tubes work on the same principle using corner loading

Anonymous

It's very interesting, wondering what can they do with a bigger car and bigger subs. But I'm sure it have it's advantage of using a 6.5.

Anonymous

146 db that's crazy.

d Chapp
Unregistered guest
I went to that site and am inpressed. Can anyone explain the theory behind these boxes? I was also wondering about there SQ. Is it any good and how would it compare to a seald boxes SQ?

Silky Johnson
Unregistered guest
From what i hear they are alot like ported boxes.

P.S. I love the Chappel Show

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 62
anyone know were the plans are for free?

Silver Member

Post Number: 534
koz gave it like 4 posts down i posted this a while back he must have seen it and saved it

Anonymous

Jonathan, what's do you think about those 6.5s? how about the box?

annanymoose
Unregistered guest
I take it that it is a mistory how these things work?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1683
It's performs similarly to a transmission line(more SPL though), kind of a TL horn loaded hybrid. It has a throat and compression chamber. It allows a 1/4 wavelength theory with a much smaller size than the typical TL enclosure, and large SPL gains. Here's a link:http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=070826
It contains the equations needed to calculate for the throat area and compression chamber size.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1684
Same like as Koz above, oops. Anyway, you'll see very large SPL gains and good sound quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us