Wont shut off !!-automate 435 alarm

cascadebull
Unregistered guest
My sons truck has had battery problems,him running it down,showing signs of sulfating.He disconnected batt "+" cable and whenever I hook it back up the alarm goes off.Remote wont shut it off,we found a button ,like a reset maybe but that does nothing either.Im just trying to jump it to see if it will hold a charge for awhile,but that damn alarm hurts my ears and pisses off the neighbors.
Any suggestions ? He dont like mine,cut it out !

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 19
if it is connected to the alarm (the button), it is a valet switch. typically, you turn the key on and then press the button to diable the alarm.

Henry_M
Unregistered guest
my alarm is doing the same thing. I have a rattler alarm on my eclipse and i ran the battery low. when my dad was trying to jump start the car the alarm kept going on and i couldn't turn it off.

Unregistered guest
I have a 89 nissan maxima. i recently had a door replaced and when they replaced it they reinstalled my old lock on the new door. When i tried to unlock my door the alarm went off and would not stop. They had to unhook the battery,everytime they rehooked the battery the alarm would not stop and of course the car will not even start. So i don't know what to do. I do not have a keyless enrty remote and never knew the code that's on the door. Please someone help it's my only means of transportation. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
factory or aftermarket alarm?
if it's aftermarket, the only real way to make it stop is to go under the dash and disconnect the wires going into the brain. then at somepoint take the car to an alarm shop and have them reconnect and take a look at why it goes off.
if you aren't comfortable doing that, also take it to an alarm shop.
and i'm not trying to knock them, but i don't mean a circuit city or best buy road shop.
i fixed far too many mistakes from them to have any faith in their abilities.

good luck.

Unregistered guest
car battery went dead; and now my keyless entry remote wont work. thought battery in it was dead but bought new one and no change. any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Unregistered guest
I have viper alarm on my '97 accord, couple of days ago its was broken into and they took aout all my stereo system, after that alar had problems, and now it would not shut up I disconnected the alarm and Don't know what to do to check what's the problem now... any suggestions will help thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
Your alarm is scared. It is suffering from "Post break-in" syndrome. What's happening is it is setting itself off for every little thing in order to try and "frighten" other thieves away. Usually, the only cure is to remove the alarm brain, and shoot the car.
Seriously, If you had the alarm installed by a shop, I'd just take it there and let them deal with it. It should be under warranty for things like that.
If you didn't have it installed and you did do it yourself, You'll have to tell us a little more detail about what the problem is.

Unregistered guest
thanks Ill try to take the car to a shop.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 250
My boy has a 89 maxima, that factory alarm is actually part of the driver door. but since you had the door removed its a whole nother story. NUt you can go under the hood an the driver side you will see a box full with relays and fuses for you head light, there should be a relay that says security, when you pull that relay out the alarm is gone

Snowbound!
Unregistered guest
I bought a 4Runner that had a Clifford Polaris installed. Problem is we never received a remote. Guess what? Battery died last night, went to boost, didn't start. The Polaris won't allow the truck to start. HELP!!! Please.

Unregistered guest
Have a '95 Miata that had an aftermarket Auto Mate alarm installed when I bought it a couple years ago. Last week the car died as I was driving 70 on the highway. Tried to restart and motor would turn over, but wouldn't start. Strange thing was that the door locks would lock when key was turned (normal) but then when the motor wouldn't start would unlock (not normal). This makes me think it's the security system locking down the motor. Haven't been able to find a reset button, fuse or alarm itself. Any last advice before I have to have it towed and pay big bucks? Thanks

Unregistered guest
Have a BMW got the keys stolen and cant start car .Car fitted with and clifford alarm and now dont have key fob.

John Andy
Unregistered guest
I have an Auto Mate AM6 Auto security system. When I turn the ignition on it seems to be going into panic mode. The parking lights flash, the interior and dash lights flash, and the "turn signal sound" is continuous. The horn does not sound. The car is fully operational and I can drive it. I can stop the nonsense by hitting the lock or unlock button on the remote. It also stops on its own after a minute or so. What could be causing this? Thanks

Anonymous

I live in Manhattan. How do i get an extra alarm keychain. No one seems to have Auto Mate anywhere. Can someone please help me I just got a used 1999 Blazer and this alarm is good but it is so sensative. My main concern is that I need another alarm keychain because if I lose this one I can have the spare...

Unregistered guest
I live in Manhattan. How do i get an extra alarm keychain. No one seems to have Auto Mate anywhere. Can someone please help me I just got a used 1999 Blazer and this alarm is good but it is so sensative. My main concern is that I need another alarm keychain because if I lose this one I can have the spare...

ngin1FDNY
Unregistered guest
I have an auto mate alarm system and it seems to have trouble in the intense heat...like this week, 107 degrees. Today the alarm just went off by itself. when i went to disarm it problems got worse. i want to disconnect it, but it seems to be conected to the ignition switch so i cant start the car. does someone have any ideas or suggestions. thank you

Unregistered guest
my father brought a ford taurus se about 2 months ago with a auto mate 435 and the alarm is nothing. I live on a street where the bus goes by every 20 mins but nothing happens. every other car on the street goes off. So my sis had her friend over and he has a loud system so we put the car next to my dads and cranked the system up but nothing happend. again everyone elsa had there alarm go off. help please.

Username: Biglanceinboise

Post Number: 5
I'm having the same problem with my rattler 300. My battery died and the alarm kept going off along with the starter kill active. I disconnected the 12 pin harness connected to the control system(the box under the dash that reads Rattler 300). The alarm stopped and it starts now but I'm trying to get the alarm working again. DEI and Aspen sound won't do a damn thing for me. They want $250 to install a new alarm so FK THEM. I found the installation guides at http://www.evosoft.dk/index.html
and www.bulldogsecurity.com but I really don't want to have to reinstall the whole thing. I know there's gotta be some trick to this. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

FK ASPEN SOUND, DEI, AND THE ENTIRE AUTO SECURITY INDUSTRY, FK THEM ALL, I'LL FIX THIS SH1T MYSELF!

checkmate
Unregistered guest
hi fellows,
i am trying to get my second remote programmed. I have a checkmate alarm KD-70PC with remote FCC ID # JT3KT6B. please instruct as to how to program the remote.

thanks,
M.G.

Jamesjr934
Unregistered guest
Had the same problem with my alarm sounding whenever anything electric came on (couldn't start or even touch the brakes w/o sounding), even with the Alarm turned off. I took it to a car audio place where they discovered that it was just a low battery. I guess when the voltage goes down the alarm automatically sounds thinking that someone is trying to disable the alarm.

Dezurtrat
Unregistered guest
OK, here is what I had to do to get my Rattler 300 alarm to stop working after I had removed the battery terminals. Now keep in mind I called the actual dealer who installed it and he didn't even know. Go figure. Pretty bad huh?

Anyway, I put the battery terminal on. Alarm goes off but hitting key fob won't stop it. While alarm is still going off I put key in ignition and turn on and off. Then I hit the key fob again and alarm stopped and is functioning normal again.

Also, the little button I have under the dash is not a valet button but is used to shut the alarm off if you don't have the key fob. I believe you open the door, alarm goes off, put the key in ignition and turn to off and then hit the button. The alarm should now stop

dezurtrat
Unregistered guest
In my last post I stated "Also, the little button I have under the dash is not a valet button but is used to shut the alarm off if you don't have the key fob. I believe you open the door, alarm goes off, put the key in ignition and turn to off and then hit the button. The alarm should now stop"

That should have read.... put the key in the ignition and turn to ON and then hit the button...

SOCOM MASTER
Unregistered guest
Dude you saved my AZTEC! My wife woulda killed me if I didn't remember how to turn off the alarm with the valet button. Right on bro, I have to get the alarm taken off since I lost the one remote that we had left.

Unregistered guest
Glad you're back in biz! :-)

Unregistered guest
BTW, and sorry 'cause I haven't checked this site in a while, you can by a replacement remote so you don't have to take the alarm off!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us