2 subs vs 1

Username: Bigwavedave

Post Number: 2
Right now I have a real old system. 2 MTX 5000 12" subs in a sealed box (maybe 1.0 cubic ft each)powered by a MTX 2150X amp (not sure how many watts/ channel). I want to replace them with a single AW1206T (Audiobahn Flame Q 12") in a small sealed box powered by a A8002T or A8000T amp (Audiobahn amp 800x1 @ 1 ohm). Just wondering, with that information could anyone tell me whether the new single sub will hit harder than my 2 old ones?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 511
i have the mtx 2150x its 425 rms if i remember right the 8000t is one a guy here has that i know and its not a true 800 watts prob more like 600 with a 60 amp fuse which is what it has stay away from audiobahn tho

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 50
Don't do Audiobahn....how much are ou looking to pay for that setup. I Guarantee higher quality setup can be suggested for same price.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1601
MTX makes better subs and amps than Audiobahn. Amps are far ahead of Audiobahns. Subs are about the same, the MTX's are slightly better, though. The Audiobahn subs sound like crap, and gobble power with little output in return. I could name a ton of of 300W-400W RMS subs that'll outdo that sub in output, and sound better doing it. What's your budget?

Username: Bigwavedave

Post Number: 3
Im looking to spend up to $300 per sub (not sure if I'm going to get 1 or 2) and maybe around $400 for an amp. I like sealed enclosures and hard hitting bass. I Actually like the setup I have now, it isnt half bad and sounds pretty good, howerver. My amp is kind of on the fritz. Was looking for something with a little more spl maybe. Just curious, I have read some good stuff about audiobahn, and some bad stuff, whats the real story?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Some of the biggest fans of Audiobahn, should I say, most of them are young kids that haven't heard a real system. They think they look "cool". Audiobahn does get loud, but requires a huge amount of power doing it. The SQ quality is not even mediocre. Jonathan had an unbelievable 70% return rate in his shop of Audibahn products. Not to mention a rep came to my bro-in-laws shop, Within 2 minutes of their demo he asked the dude to leave and told him his stuff was crap (wish I could have been there). LOL. Ask just about anyone on here, they will tell you the same thing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
So, between your subs and amp, you've got about $1000. Lets go with that. Except damn, I have to go to work and don't have time. I'll leave it to the pros.

Unregistered guest
yea.......... i'm only 15 and i think Audiobahn looks "cool" but as i heard most people on here say they suck.

Bronze Member
Username: Allpro

Dacula, Ga United States

Post Number: 22
I Have some ideas...email me at allproaudio2004@yahoo.com...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us