What is a decent shallow mounting sub???

Anonymous

i have a 4 door nissan frontier and i wanna put a sub or two behind the backseat, but there isnt much room as far as depth...are there any decent subs that i could sqeeze back there???

i was looking at the pioneer and earthquake shallow mounts...are they any good? i also looked at JL 8w0 and kicker comp 8's...but would an 8" sound good..i'm used to hearing 10's and 12's...I dont want big SPL, just something to fill the lower octives.

anyone know of a sub that could work???

Anonymous

Those new premiers are cool.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1598
How shallow are we talking? And, as always, what's your budget?

Anonymous

well, here are the demensions that i have for building a box that would fit in the space i have:

length: 30"
height: 11"
depth: 6"-7"
(measurements are external)

i was thinking about using 1/2" mdf to make the box. i'm looking to just get a little fill in the low end octives. bout $150 per sub...i know thats not much, but can i get anything decent???

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 16
jl wo's, jbl/s, kendwoods.....where are you firing the subs? do u have space to down fire them into the floor?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1610
You could get a single Adire Audio Koda 10". The Koda 10" is only 4.75" deep, so it leaves you room for a well made box with 3/4" MDF. Your dimensions would allow a .86 cu ft gross sealed box(I've already compensated for the MDF thickness), so take .86 and subtract the subs displacement, which is .08 cu ft, and that would give you a .78 cu ft net sealed box (good size for that sub). Give it around 250W RMS and you'll be good to go. With the size of the box and depth allowed, you'd get 3/4" clearance from the back of the sub to the enclosure wall, so you're good there. Great sounding subs and since you're not looking for huge output, one is enough. It would hit harder than the 2 8W0s and Comp 8s you were looking at. Rated at 300W RMS thermally, and doesn't need but around 200W-250W to get to full excursion sealed (18mm x-max, substantial for 200W RMS). Koda 10" is $229 shipped here http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_koda/
There is no backorder.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us