Underpowering Subs!!! HELP

Username: Steviee

Post Number: 1
Hi, i have a Rockford Fosgate amp (P3001) pushing out 200rms watts x 2 (4ohms). Was just wondering if it is cool to run a pair of pioneer vccs 12" subs rated at 300rms watts each (4ohms). Or will this be underpowering them??? What does underpowering do?? and much less is to much in general?? please help im new to the sound scene. thanks

Anonymous

You'd be underpowering each sub by 100W....depends on if they're in a ported or sealed enclosure....

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 494
that would be a 2 ohm bridge so yes they would be fine but i would go with a large box size to drop low with less power and hit harder

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
thats a 300 watt amp by the way

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64572%26item%3D5718782490 %26

Anonymous

Yeah, but he said something about 200w x2 Might be confused....

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
id port them to like 36 hz

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
he just got the power wrong its cool

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
you know what an abc box might be very cool for those subwoofers too that would be like 36 hz first chamber 72 hz second (three ports equal length one port in one chamber one port in another and one port sharing both chambers second chamber is an octave higher)

Username: Steviee

Post Number: 2
hi, i know its a 300 watt amp. but they come with test sheets and it was rated at 400 watts so i assumed 200x2. both subs are in seperate sealed boxes and i cant change that quickly. it is a single channel amp but it has two speaker outs A and B so running the subs in parallel wont be needed. i think... or will it be different/better in parallel? thanks for help

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 566
You should be fine, pioneers dont take a whole lot of Watts to push and Rockford AMPs are under-rated. So you should be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us