Different subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Angelofdeath132

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 20
throwing ideas around in my head for different subs, the prob. is everyone here goes with RF or ID, wanna go with something different but good! any suggestions? recently interested in the Brahama subs. how are they? always gone with 2 12" subs whatever the kind was, but according to what i've read, 1 12" Brahma sub would more than do it right? also what would be a good match-up for an amp to go with this(these) subs?

Bronze Member

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 21
or should i go with 1 15" Brahama instead? would be going into a '97 Monte Carlo. and, of course, like any bass enthusiast, i want heads turning when i go by, or from the people in the car in front of me ;)oh yeah, i think i asked earlier, what amp are we talkin for this?

Bronze Member

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 22
anyone? please?????????

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 85
go with the one fifteen brahma. you will be extremily loud if you do a good install and give it proper power.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 473
mark if you do the brahma in that car let me know how it hits i have a 95 chevy monte carlo z 34 im lookin to upgrade to a single pounding sub on up to 1500 watts rms

Bronze Member

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 26
ok thanks for the input!! hypothetically speaking of course, i go with 1 Brahama 15" what do i power it with, secondly what kind of box do i put it in? (sealed,ported,etc.) listen to anything from 80's rock to todays Rap. want something that will shake the eyeballs loose from my head, will this be it? where can i find a site that "showcases" the Brahma? and is there a certain "model" i'm lookin for?

Bronze Member

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 27
what is the RMS on a Brahama 15"?

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Des Moines, Iowa USA

Post Number: 47
Check out this site. Go to car audio, check out their subs and the installs page. Pretty good amount of info. Also a few short video clips to check out.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1586
Get a 15" Brahma, stick it in a 4.0 cu ft net box tuned to 35 hz, and give it about 1000W RMS and it'll POUND. Make sure to run a subsonic filter, if you don't, then you'll need to run less power than that as the sub will reach full excursion below tuning. I'd down the power to around 700-800 if you run a low subsonic filter, say around 25 hz. You'll need one regardless if you want a ported box tuned for SQ/SPL.

Bronze Member

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 28
pretty sure on the Brahama 15" as my "final answer" for the sub. lookin at the RF Power T10001bd for an amp. 1000x1 @ 1ohm. will that work ok for the amp? any other suggestions for type of box and size of box for max bass? oh yeah, do you think 1 15" will be enough bass? cause you know you can never have enough bass!!!;)

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 52
Are you serious.....a 15'' barahma will make your ears bleed rofl, Just make sure you get the box and install right or it could just sound like crap. As for the amp, i would get something a bit biger so your not running it at full all the time

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 52
Are you serious.....a 15'' barahma will make your ears bleed rofl, Just make sure you get the box and install right or it could just sound like crap. As for the amp, i would get something a bit biger so your not running it at full all the time

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 54
sorry bout the double post....

Bronze Member

Iowa Usa

Post Number: 29
what do you mean "get the box and the install right"? and what amp do you suggest if 1000x1 @1ohm isn't gonna be enough? what kind of box should i go with?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1603
I would try to find a 2 channel that will put out 1000W bridged at 4 ohms. Try to find one with a subsonic filter as well. That'll run cooler and have more headroom than running an amp for a 1 ohm load. Then you could wire the voice coils in series for the 4 ohm load. I'd say with that 4.0 cu ft box, you could be around 150 db. So yes, it has the capability of blowing your eardrums and it'll pound harder than you'd ever want it to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us