Blapunkt....back in the day.....

Bronze Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 34
Like 15 years ago abouts....didn't these guys make some good stuff ?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 134
15 years ago everything was better. My friends brother used to have Pyle's and they rocked. Now look at Pyle.

Username: Zill

Post Number: 5
wat the fvck did he listen 2 15 years ago on some pyles.... mc hammer? vanilla ice? did that shyt knock? haha

Anonymous

Beastie Boys....those were the days....

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 136
Yeah, prolly vanilla ice. LOL, and I used to think ice ice baby was an awsome song. Those were the days....

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 474
yes 15 yrs agao all those were better lol i was one of them too

Post Number: 6
yea actualy when i was like 11 i use to have a walkman with a vanila ice tape and id listen to vanila ice every night b4 sleeping, haha

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 137
Yeah man. Walkmans, I remember those too. Me and my friend used to listen to old school Snoop Dogg on a walkman with old computer speakers plugged in the headphone slot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
lol i remember walkmans too at night but i also remember even further back when the had those big casset recorders you put the tapes in and laid it under my bed and listened to music to go to sleep.......(now im showing my age lol)

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 138
Woah dude, I'm not quite that old. I'm just old enough to remember the very first personal computers that had like 1 mb hard drives.

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
im actually only 32 lol

Post Number: 7
haha this conversation makes us all seem old im only 19, but im sure people still buy walkmans right? pfffff haha yea right, they probs dont even produce them any more, all of them on the market today is wat was left over in stock 10 years ago.... haha

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 139
Yeah but I'm like 16.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I bought a generic "walkman" not too long ago because it was sheaper to buy the whole thing than it was to just buy the headphones I needed for my PC speakers.

Post Number: 8
thats crazy.... i havent seen a tape in years, but a walkman... i havent seen in decades haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
lol stil make them ........yes they do i bought one at wallmart for like 5 bucks like two years ago and it still works but no reverse just forward lol.........walkman cheaper than headphones too lol you sound like me

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1583
Don't feel too bad. 8 tracks, I remember those very well, and the methods we used to fix them haha. I've still got some old LPs as well. I'm 36. I also remember the very first computers, the enormous mainframes that ran off of vacuum tubes. Those were OLD. Not saying all this was when I was growing up, but I have tinkered with some of all of it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
oh man jon you remember stuff i dont....you are older lol and my first computer i saw was a tandy computer by radio shack what an advancement we made since then lol

Post Number: 10
d4mn this talk reminds me of a laptop from like the 80s i found in my garage wit like the green screen, shyt was as big as those black cases lawyers and bussiness men carry around to hold there papers, the batery was bigger than my timbos

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
d4mn this talk reminds me of a laptop from like the 80s i found in my garage wit like the green screen, shyt was as big as those black cases lawyers and bussiness men carry around to hold there papers, the batery was bigger than my timbos

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1588
Age is just a number, lol. I keep telling myself that, anyway. Yeah, I remember those as well, we actually had a couple in tech school. Type a sentence, wait 10 seconds and the letters finally appeared lol. Some people don't know how much we've raised the bar since the old days. I've tested a lot of old equipment, the first transistor amplifiers were HORRIBLE. That actually was an influence on high end audio equipment, remember families listening to a radio with a tube amp? They were happy with it. The first transistor amps left a lot to be desired. Transistor amps have come a LONG way since the 60s. Tube amps have advanced as well. Vacuum tube computers were just a joke though, personal computers wouldn't be around if we weren't using solid state devices, neither would little clock radios, boomboxes, etc. But back in the 80s, quality was better with a lot of companies because audio wasn't quite as popular then, it left more time for inspection and quality control. These companies were also wanting a reputation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yea thats tru if people spent more time on quality we wouldnt have these forums so we can bytch about how audiobahn sucks.... now days nothen is good enough for anyone, even it is right when you get it, like a month later you want something better, hey i gotta question, this aint realy related to this stuff, to you think the re x.x.x. can hit 145 dbs? or more?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1591
It's also about contentment. Give these people an 8 track, whizzer cone speakers, and a crappy transistor amp from the 60s and they'll appreciate what they have a little more. I do :-). I guess I can't talk though as I'd nearly cry if I had to listen to that all day, at least now that I've heard quality audio for so long. There are also endless options out there. As far as the X.X.X., 12" and above is capable of 145+ in a ported box. 15" can crack 150 db.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
actualy i think id hardly b albe to hear it so it wouldnt realy bother me haha, nice... how much is it? like 400 bills? i gotta bring one here to brazil to win some competitions, 145 db is enough to beat alot of subs here for single subs competitions, and how much does it weight? do ya know? d4mn probs gonna b a big box, is like 4 cubic feet enough?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1592
12" is close to 60 lbs. Not a light sub. Price for the 12" is $405 plus shipping. Ported, 2.5 cu ft tuned to 35 hz works well. 15" would require closer to 4.0 cu ft ported. Of course, a bigger box and even more power will get you more SPL. I'd recommend the MT if you're really serious about SPL, but if you plan to listen to it every day, X.X.X. is def. better. 145 db out of one 12" sub is hard to beat when comparing to other subs designed for sound quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
my problem is that my mom is gotta bring this in a plane all the way to brazil haha, 60lbs.... thats a huge suit case... its gonna b for every day listening 2, and also for spl, but sense competition here is limited due to the fact that products here are limited 145db from um sub is gonna get me alot of trophys, id love to bring the MT, but i only got 400 and some to spend and its gonna b way to heavy to bring and the plane... lets c where i can get with this, thanks for the info, recomend any else?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Jon,
since he's probably on a limited time schedule and RE is usually on back order, how would the ID Max Stack up? Something more readily available and is just about up there with the Brahma.....would it be possible to get a single ID Max up to 145db ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
i was thinking the same thing about his situation last night mazdaman as far as back orders go

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Post Number: 19
I bought my first car amp around '82 to power my JBL 6x9's and 6 1/2's. Was a 40 watt per channel Alphasonik that came with a lil sheet that showed how much power it benched at. The thing had only three speaker wires; R+, L+, and common.

I had an Alpine analog, tone control, tape deck. Man I thought my system was it til my best friend got this Fosgate Punch 40 thing. Man it sounded awful but boy was it loud as fook. Made them JBL's rip and then later he got those Punch DVC 12's mounted freair in his Firebird's rear deck powered off this Punch 150 thingy and somethin called a crossover?

Crazy...........

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 501
those punch 150s were it back then and i personally know of one that is still working and yeah i remember common grounds too but they were on their way out when i finally got into car stereo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Never thought this thread would get so nostalgic...and spawn so much reminiscing(sp)....it's cool though....

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
I just didn't know if I was crazy or not remembering that Blapunkt used to be the shiznit.

Anonymous

Yeah, I was thinking about using Blapunkt, Jense, and Power Acoustic in my first new system...what do you think?

Anonymous

Yeah, I was thinking about using Blapunkt, Jensen, and Power Acoustic in my first new system...what do you think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
stay away now

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
none of them are any good

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
LOL