Urgent, some one help me out!!!!

Username: Zill

Post Number: 1
wat up, i live in brazil and my mom is visting the US and i want her to bring me a subwoofer i need one sub that can hit about 155 db's (i know it dependes alot on the box 2 so if you have info on a box design that helps too) that costs about $250 at most, i was looken at some audiobahns the immortal, 2000wrms, but yall diss it so much that im changing my mind, i need a debendable sub that wont break, cuz i wont b able to send it to the US to fix under the warranty cuz i live in brazil and it wouldnt b cost worthy, some one help me out cuz she is coming back in about 2 weeks.... thanks alot lata

Anonymous

are u kidding me there isnt a sub out there that costs 250 and is capable of 250

Anonymous

155*

Post Number: 2
nope, unfortunately not, the US has a wider range of produts then here... :-( i use to live in the US but then i moved down here, trust me, thats y i needa get one there, so i can win freaken competitions here..... wat do u recomend?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 163
um.....

your prolly not gonna find a sub for $250 that will do 155db!

your gonna have to fork out a lot more cash than that!

if you want one sub that is capable of over 150db, then look at Adire Brahma's (15's or Extremes), RE X.X.X.'s (15's or 18's), RE MT's, or maybe JL 13W7's.

the RE MT's would prolly be your best bet...they are strictly SPL subs though! i'm not sure on the price, but its WAY more than you are thinkin bout spendin...(anyone know what the MT's are selling for???) also i think RE would ship you an MT....but not sure though...

Post Number: 3
hmmm, alright thats cool, yea i pretty much new in the back of my head i wouldnt b able to find one for 250 haha, but that the price of the audiobahn immortal that i might get.... im not sure though im fvcking scared of geting the shyt and it breaken here, hoe many db do you think that immortal gets? i was trying to find those sub you mentioned on ebay, couldnt find them though.... do you know a site like ebay that would have them?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 164
go to reaudio.com, you'll have to email the staff to get a price. (they ship direct)

i my opinion, anything audiobahn is a gamble! audiobahn is known for driver failure! and its takes way too much power to get them moving.

there was a post on this board a while back where a guy that owned an audio shop took a poll of how many audiobahn subs were returned to his shop...i think it turned out to be something like 70% of the subs he sold were returned!

Anonymous

Many shops around here refuse to sell audiobahn.

They had way too many returns and got tired of dealing w/ the audiobahn sales policy.

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 36
no, you wont find the mt on ebay or any other site but their site. for the budget your proposing, you wont be hitting 150dbs without paying a little more money. the sq of immortal will not be that good and it is not 100% reliable. to hit those numbers with that sub or any others, your gonna need about 2k watts and a ported box. the cheapest way i think your gonna get close to breaking 150db with and still have decent sq, is the re sx 15($269) or 18($289), and a good 1200-2000 watt amp($350+), and ported box tuned pretty high. marshall's list too. your gonna have some more for that.

Post Number: 4
ok, well i had actually checked out that msg b4 about the 70% return on the audiobahn subs, thats one of the reasons y i decided to come on here and get some opinions, so for me right now audiobahn is pretty much outta the question, the amps im not realy worried about bcuz here we got some good brazilian brands for amp its just sub i realy gotta worry about.... so lets say i had 400 dollars to spend wat one sub should i buy to hit 155db (cuz in reality i had 400 to spend but i had my eyes set on some dvd players, so ill put that shyt aside and just focus on the sub), thanks for the feed back

Post Number: 9
uppen

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 165
with an RE SX 18" you may come come close to 150dB...(i'm not sure bout it though, dont know bout its potential....anyone think it can know???)

RE X.X.X. 15's and 18's are known to break 150dB in SUV's, in ported boxes. that i am sure of.

remember this though...the install is a MAJOR part of how it will sound! you could have a great sub in a crap box and it will sound like crap.

one other thing...they arent known for SQ and its harder to build one right, but you may wanna
look into 6th order band pass boxes...i know a guy that hit 147.1dB @57hz w/ one brahma 10 in one...you would have to play around w/ designs to get it right but bandpass boxes offer ALOT of gain. (use a program like WinISD to design a box)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
yea i was talken to a guy in the back in the day topic, he said i probs will hit 145 wit a RE X.X.X 12 inch.... im thinken thats wat i might have to go with, but when i get it im gonna have to hit u guys back up to get some designs and info on a box...

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 166
thats cool

i saw your posts on that thread, and john knows what he is talking bout.

as for the 6th order enclosure...i didnt realize you were going to use the sub for everyday, 6th order isnt really a good everyday enclosure.

you may wanna think bout a vented box w/ exchangable vents...one for everyday and one for SPL, that would work out well

well, just hit us back if you need any more info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
is the diference realy big between everyday use and spl use? wat exactly is the diference? in dbs to?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 483
evryday means you can use it for music spl the way they meant was for a one note wonder and id think you might gain 3 to 5 db with a one note tune

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
swappable ports would make for a box you could use either way whenever you wanted my box is built for that too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
but does an spl designed box work just as good as maken a box for everyday use?

Silver Member

Post Number: 485
you would be able to use the both ways so the answer would be yes....all that would change is the ports not the box at all other than tuning

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
the box both ways i meant

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
so wat happens, e just change da diameter and lenght of the port? does constant use of a port and box designed for spl causa damage do ta sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
it does put more stress on it yes but built right you should have no worries

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
you will be able to use the same port diameter because spl tunes are higher frequencies so less port volocity

Silver Member

Post Number: 490
length would be shorter for higher frequencies

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
d4mn i was thinking here, i am so scr3wed ima gonna str8 up spend big bucks on this after all, not much of a choice if i wanna have something worth my time and my hearing loss... huaha

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
lol i no what you mean

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
is the RE X.X.X 2 and 4 ohm operation? how many voice coils? do u think i could run it at more than 1600wrms? say like 2000wrms and just not crank it to the fullest or just lower the volume on da amp?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 167
the RE x.x.x. dvc 2ohm...

that 1600wrms is just a thermal rating, it would only need about 900wrms to reach xmax, but you could burp it higher...this puts huge stress on the sub and risks blowing it though!

if your panning to use it for both every day and for comps, i would suggest wiring each VC to its own wire termial...that way you can change the VC configuration from parrallel to series easily, you could run the sub in series for every day at 4 ohms, and run it in parrallel at 1 ohm for comps.

you could do the interchangable port idea to get even more SPL in comps.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1595
SPL competitors pride themselves on one tuning frequency. At tuning, the subwoofer is actually at the least excursion, meaning that's where the most mechanical control is, and it still has more output(a function of physics, the resonance of the air actually controls the cone, putting pressure on the box, but the air moves and creates SPL as well as the sub). This means you can add huge amounts of power for a burp and get the sub to full excursion at tuning, meaning HUGE SPL gains. And since it's a burp, it doesn't have a lot of time to overheat the voice coils. For everyday driving though, anywhere other than tuning with that much power applied will destroy the sub.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 168
exactly...

the 10" brahma in the 6th order bandpass that hit 147.1 dB that i was talking about was burped w/ 2300watts @57hz.

by the jonathan, what kinda power you think a brahma 10" is capable of handling w/ a burp?
i'm thinking bout retuning my box to somewhere around 45-55hz and going to a comp.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1613
With a high tune and the right box, it may be able to handle 3000W temporarily, but it's totally dependant on the box and too hard to calculate, so I can't really give you an accurate figure. Scottie Johnson puts 10,000 on each of his Brahma Extremes. If that 2300 got it to full mechanical excursion or close to it, then you won't do any better by kicking up the power by a lot. Watch the surround if possible, if it stretches close to it's limits, then you have the right amt. of power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us