Audiobahn

audiobahn
Unregistered guest
i have the audiobahn sub hooked up to mi yamaha rx-390 receiver at home and to me audiobahn has good bass

Anonymous

what about sq.

Anonymous

yea, i have no idea what the hell people have against audiobahn.....I have 2 flaming Q's hooked up to a kkicker 1200.1 and those are louder and 3 mtx 12''5500's and a kicker 12''. I know that i have the loudest system in our school, and i know that audiobahn doesnt suck

audiobahn
Unregistered guest
sound quality is nice n tight and it is not even in a proper box yet

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 19
well i just had problems with audiobahn subs so thats why i think they suck. ( like jonathon says about 70% of audiobahn sales come back due to disatisfaction or breakdowns.) i bought 2 of those flamin q subs and i thought they were loud and had awesome sq. now that i have my brahma 15" i really know what an sql sub is supposed to sound like. also it takes tons of power to get those subs goin which puts to much of a strain on your electrical system. for about half the watts i could match your system if not beat it.

Anonymous

i have to agree w/ Michael...

audiobahn is very well known for having poor reliabilty!

they take huge amounts of power to make any decent SPL, and the SQ just isnt up to par w/ their price range...

but hey, if you like your system...use it
but if you want REAL sound, go w/ something else.....audiobahn is entry-level stuff at best! even their so called "high-end" subs!

they may get loud, but have no SQ...

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 311
...sub can get loud....trust me...anything can get loud in a box...its just a matter of does it sound good while doing it and not sound like one muffled boom...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1575
Remember that's 70% in MY shop, not overall. I'm not sure of Audiobahns failure rate for all products, 70% is just what I experienced in my shop, about 50% of it due to failure.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1578
Just because a sub gets loud doesn't mean it's great. I hear people all the time "my Audiobahns are louder than so and so". That proves NOTHING as different vehicles, boxes, and amplifiers will all contribute to the SPL of a system. Some vehicles get up to 10 db more gain over other vehicles, which translates to being twice as loud. Certain SPL tuned boxes can belt out huge SPLs at a single frequency, but they'll sound like absolute crap. There are also the kids who drive amplifiers into extreme clipping by turning bass boost all the way up, loudness on, and the amp gain all the way up, and yes it'll be louder for a second, but you'll also destroy your equipment. Clipping can generate up to twice the power as a normal sine wave. And, loudest system into your school doesn't really say much. I'm not trying to be mean, but it's commonly known that kids don't make generous salaries and you're usually competing with other crappy brands like Sony, MTX, etc. You have to ask yourself what you're comparing to. I'm sure a Pinto is better than riding a bike to work everyday, but once you put it beside a Ferrari, what'll it look like? Money is part of this hobby and you have to spend some if you expect to get quality equipment.

Anonymous

MTX is crappy??? It thought their amps were good and their pro stuff....

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1581
I was solely referring to their subs. Never been a fan of their subs, not great. Their pro subs (SPL designed ones) aren't bad, but an SPL sub isn't built for SQ and reliability anyway so it's a totally different ballgame than what your average joe is concerned with. Their amps are fantastic for the price.

Anonymous

Whew! Just bought an amp and I was like "Oh Crap!" :-) What about the new 8500 & 9500 series MTX subs, are they bad too? Or have you not much experience w/ them.

Anyone know anything about Xtant's subs? I know they make good amps.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1584
Still not crazy about them, even the 8500 and 9500, but yes they're much better than the lower end Road thunders, 4500, 5500s, etc. I was mainly referring to the subs that kids get at Circuit City and the like. Xtant makes nice subs, but I'm not a fan of odd shaped subs as they have many problems(that's if you're talking the Xtants that are hexagonal).

sq
Unregistered guest
any opinions or comments on which is the best subs to have for sound quality for bass

audiobahn
Unregistered guest
???

Anonymous

SQ = IDMAX SUBs
SPL = NOT AUDIOBAHN

Silver Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 110
i have a aw1206t sub and it sound great next to a brahma 10'/infinity perf<i>/and most sub in the $120.00 price range. but is not made for spl. brahma 15 cost $250 - box $150. the flames under aw1206t, suck....no lie

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us