Sub box (sorry)

Username: Fletch

LiverpoolEngland

Post Number: 1
Hi all , sorry to ask the same old questions but im kinda stuck on my sub box or box's design and volume and local dealer isnt being great with the advice maybe £1200 spent isnt enough to warrant advice from him who knows?
anyhow ive had 2 13" focal access subs for 12months in my cupboard awaiting boxes/box i have a JL 500/1 to power them and they are going into a saloon alfa romeo with a fair size boot. problem is i just cannot make up my mind either to split the subs into 2 boxes or have 1 large box. any advice gratefully recieved as im stuck. the cars boot is simaller to a vw jetta .
thanks to all who respond.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 556
If i was you i would keep everything in one box

LiverpoolEngland

Post Number: 2
oh and im going for sq and sealed boxes even though these subs are meant for ported enclosures hopefully.

LiverpoolEngland

Post Number: 3
why one box ? i like the idea of keeping some usable space in the boot of the car by sinking the boxes into the sides but i dont know enough about system setup yet to know better , are you suggesting 1 box to make things easier?
thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 136
1 box with seperate chambers will sound better. having the subs seperated would leave a ton of air in between them..it would clear up some room but wouldnt sound as good, the choice is yours

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 558
Yeah, if i was you i would stick with one box, a divider in the middel, with about a 1 to 2 inch hole in the divider. That would sound best. But again the choice is yours.

LiverpoolEngland

Post Number: 4
Thanks chaps, for your help im gonna knock up some sketches of boxes and then try to work out volumes and stuff. i just hope they sound ok as ill be building the box to fit car and have no way of trying them in different directions ill try pointing to rear of car and see what happens.

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 71
Umm.. exactly why would airspace between two boxes make them not "sound as good"? Smaller shared baffle size or what?

Personally I'd rather have some space to throw my stuff.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us