External crossover.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 107
hey yall, my brother gave me his old crossover, its old. It is an Audio Control 2xS
It says on it Electronic 18 dB/octave programmable crossover-line amp-subsonic filter and bridging adaptor.
all it has on it are 1 set of inputs, low frequency output, high freq. output, and (im confused) a mono&bridging RCA output.
is it good?
and what does it mean by mono and bridging on the RCA OP it also says by the mono and bridge RCA invert on one RCA out and normal on the other?
Answers please or input on this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
hey

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
c'mon, please tell me, someone has to know.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 533
Audio control crossovers are very nice. I would probably kept it. One of the better lines

Username: Fishy

Post Number: 9
The 2XS has been around forever. I owned one and if I remember corectly there's a set of stereo outs for the lows and one mono and one inverted mono. Back in the day some amps(Soundtream for example) only used one rca input when bridged mono. The mono output(s) were used to run these type of amps. In some sytems the bass gets out of phase with the mids and highs a bit and the inverted mono output sometimes made things sound better. Also, the early(and I mean early)PPI amps required a bridging module on the inputs and i believe(not sure) this setup allowed you to get away without one.

Most, if not all, of today's amps use both inputs for mono operation so you can just use the stereo outs and your amp will do the channel summing for you. If you want to use the mono out(try out the 180 degree phase shift) just use a Y connector either at the amp or the Xover.

I sure did like my 2XS. I made a bunch of frequency chips(still got em) out of some resistors and IC sockets. If the thing is still around 20 years after the fact its gotta be good, no?

-Fishy

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
thanks dudes, for your input. Ill definitely keep it, as a matter of fact, i just finished hooking it up in my truck today.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us