Nakamichi, elcipse, or alpine?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 101
of these 3, who makes the best HU?

sss
Unregistered guest
I'll second the question. I'm interested in the 3 also. For my case though, I'd like to limit the cost to $400. I'm interested in Nak's CD-400 and Alpine's CDA-9833.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
I am actually interested in the eclipse cd-8454, i think i saw it one ebay once for like $500. Hopefully MORE people give their 2 cents.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
bump

Silver Member
Username: A3forme

Post Number: 152
Dude, Eclipse doesn't make anything bad. The 8454 is an Awesome HU if you have the money to spend on it. There's nothing I don't like about it.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 131
alpine and eclipse are very good. eclipse is a lil more affordable than alpine with some of there products.

Bronze Member
Username: Beligerant1

NC USA

Post Number: 17
You probably cant go wrong with any of those three, just pick the one with the price and features that best suits you.

Username: Quicks

Illinois United States

Post Number: 7
I have an Eclipse 8454 and it is GREAT and has great pre out amp i cant even turn my speakers up all the way or they will BLOW it has many options and works well with anything.

Unregistered guest
L NEED HELP I HAVE KENWOOD HEAD DHD2006 SHERWOOD XN-1000A CROSSOVER AND CRUCH P2200 AMP HOW DO MAKE IT WORK. 4 6 IN DOOR AND BOX WITH 2 12IN

Username: Injohneer

Tulsa, OK

Post Number: 1
I had a Nakamichi a couple years ago, 'twas in my truck when I bought it. Good performance from what I could tell - but I didn't have the best of speakers set up.
The one thing I REALLY liked about it was that I could drive on my bumpy dirt & gravel roads without it skipping while playing CDs. Perhaps I had just never had a high quality player before, or perhaps Nakamichi is just better at that...I know they're good.
However the unit began doing weird stuff... Upon replacing it I discovered that it had been a 2nd hand unit, the case was banged up behind the faceplate.
I am about to revamp my system again and will definately be looking at 'michis
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us