Building a box, where to fire the subs?

Username: Sas

Post Number: 3
I decided that the box i have is bigger then i would like it to be, so i am going to build one, about 2.0 cf. i have 2 infinitys kappa 12's dvcs. i am powering them with a hifonics brutus 1500d. I would like to build the box so the subs are firing upwards towards the deck of the car. now if i do this should i fire them stright up, or should i position them so they are firing towards a ceratin corner or spot in the trunk? i have seen some installs where the subs fire stright up, and some where the subs are angled so they are firing towards a corner. what is the differnce in sound going to be? any other sugestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Sas

Post Number: 11
?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 528
Really i would mount the subs in the box you have now hook everything up and see where they hit the hardest at (when sitting in the drivers seat). Point them in every direction. Then when you get what sounds best then build the box around that. Every car is different (acoustic wise).

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 55
You said car, then you said truck ??? I am going to guess since you are talking about firing them up that this is an extended cab truck. If I am correct I sugest firing them down. I had a single Boston pro 12 firing against the floor in my S10 and loved it. I met a guy one day with three 12s firing up,in a truck identical to mine, and he couldn't beleive how much better mine sounded. When you fire them down it gives the sound wave more room to form befor it reaches your ears. This will not be as loud out side of the truck, but inside is a total difrent story.

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 531
O think he said Trunk not Truck.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 77
YEAH I CAN'T READ AT TIMES

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 568
Its okay

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 86
Thanks pat I was so worried you wouldn't like me any more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us