IS an AMP necessary if SQ is main priority?

Username: Mjwake

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 1
I am about to purchase a system for my SUV. (2003 Nissan Patrol) I am thinking Pioneer DEH-P8650MP, Infinity perfect splits up front, and thats where I get confused..............

I am purely after good SQ at a respectable volume level, should I run a 4ch to the splits and bridge to 1 sub, (lack of rear-fill???) run front splits and co-ax's for rear fill off head unit and buy a mono amp and sub, or will a 4ch amp to four corners of the car provide more clarity?

The more i research the more options i find, Im in australia and want to order online so want to order the whole system in one hit, plus money not needed to buy amps/subs could be better spent on top notch components for example... any help/opinions greatly appreciated.....

I know personal preference comes into this a lot, Im no Audiophile but prefer crisp punchy sound to window rattling Bass.

Username: Kenzbud

WA United States

Post Number: 4
I personoaly bridge my 4ch amp to my front focal components, no rear speakers and a mono amp for my sub. But I have a small nissan 200sx so with an suv you may want some coax. I would just get a 5 chanel JL amp and run the whole thing off of that.

Username: Mjwake

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 2
Thanks Ken - great suggestion. I'll do some research into the 5 channel, seems like a great idea and will probably keep the system manageable and uncomplicated which is def. a positive....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us