Hope someone can help

Username: Sas

Post Number: 1
hey guys i hope someone can help me, here is the situation. i am using 2 infinity kappa perfect 12 4 ohm dvc, i am powering these with a hifonics brutus 1500 watt @ 1 ohm amp. 4 ohms gives it 500 watts. i have everything hooked up right, so i think. the terminals on the box, for each woofer, is reading about 8 ohms a peice. the amp is receaving about 14 volts of power. i am hooking up the wires by connecting both positives in one positive and both negatives in one negative. the problem is that they just do not seem to hit hard at all. they seem to "completment" the music rather then overwelmed as i had expected. i am using a pioneer deh 750 radio and using factory speakers. i wish i could do a beter job describing everything, does anyone have any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 251
Well, those subs are rated at 350W a piece....you're giving them 250. Is it in a sealed or ported box. Why not wire it at 1 ohm and keep the gain way down. Take a look at this and seee if it helps. Thats how they should be wired for 1ohm and 4ohm respectively.

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-Szr6cWT7FJK/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2

Username: Sas

Post Number: 2
thnx for the info, perhaps i will kept them at this for a week or so and break them in some, then i will turn the gain up a little pass 3/4 the way. i did play with the gain some, and funny thing is, i did not notice much of a differnce with it half way and then all the way. i had thought about the 1 ohm idea, but i like the idea of playing at 4ohms beter, i should save some current and get a lower distortion......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us