I have 100 bucks and a stock chevy caprice.

Username: Rrbroncoxc

Post Number: 1
I already have a cd deck, what kind of speakers should i get.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
well with a 100 the next best upgrade you can make to your system is some high quality speakers which ideally for all 4 channels inside the car.
as for brand i have no recomendations but i can say i use sony for head unit, speakers and sound processing but then my stuff is mobile es and that isnt fair because mobile es and the sony xplod sold at walmart are 2 very different lines but anyways im not sure what caprice you have but ill assume you have 6x9's in the back and if you do then a good quality pair should run just about 100 or so.
the reason id choose those first instead of the front is if you had to buy only one pair of speakers and also they are driven only by the head unit then i would choose the larger speakers of your options.
itll give you better reproduction across the board especially bass but it will be a little off kilter but youll be happier now and can replace the front ones later or use the fader to balance things out but the caprice has a nice large trunk and some good 6x9's would love that.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
oh yeah sorry i left one thing out if you can help it try to get a 3 way speaker as opposed to a 2 way.
a 3 way will give you better seperation.
jay

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 437
what you can do is save more money.
$100 won't get you much of anything for car audio worth buying, and a Caprice has lousy factory speaker locations/sizes, so for good speakers, those spots will have to take some modifications.

I Hate Sony
Unregistered guest
Sony is Sorry

Post Number: 2
i'm not planning on spending a bunch of money, i just want some better sound because those stock speakers are absolutely terrible.

Post Number: 3
yeah, i don't really like sony either

Anonymous

If you're crafty, you can figure a way to add fron 6.5's and make them sound great (basswise) Usually, a 6.5 doesn't have the greatest bass because they're in the lower door facing toward your leg. If you image them right, your whole car will sound a ton better. By the way, online you can get infinity kappa co or triaxials under 100 new. Sound awesome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us