Amp install help

Username: Ebwilliams

Post Number: 1
I'm getting ready to install whole new system in my truck (02 F150 Screw). But I've got some questions about the amp in particular. Parts:
Kenwood DDX7015
Audiobahn AS68Q components (all 4 doors)
RF 501x
KnuKonceptz 4gauge 4channel amp kit/batt terminal.

I'm attaching a .bmp of what I picture the install to look like. Questions:
Does it look right, or am I smoking the good stuff.
Are there any concerns associated with running the amp power outside the cab (pass side-through the floor, along the frame and up the firewall)
Lastly, I'll be stuck with the factory HU for about a month and would like to go ahead and install the rest is there a high input (factory speaker wire) to RCA converter so I can run everything.
image/bmpUpload
speakers1.bmp (95.2 k)

Bronze Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 23
There is a high input to RCA converter, my friend just put one in his car, but i dont know where he got it. Secondly, if by outside the cab you mean litterally outside the cab with the environment and power meaning power wire, DOnt do it, keep it inside the cab, anything could happen to it outside, inside gives you the most protection.

Username: Ebwilliams

Post Number: 2
Yeah, I had thought about mounting the amp in the cargo space behind my rear seats (driver side) with the amp power wire through a grommet in the floor (pass side) and running it along the top of the frame rails (covered) up the firewall to the batt.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 79
there should be a grommet in the firewall to run your power through. I don't think I'd do it the way you are talking about. to many things can happen, plus the fact, THATS ALOT OF POWER WIRE. You will be going across the undercarriage of the truck (cargo space drivers side to grommet on pass. side up the frame to the engine compartment, across the engine/trans. to the battery. that's a lot of work. Would be a lot easier to go through the firewall. As I said earlier there is normally a grommet in the firewall, I think I used the one that my hood release cable goes through in my van.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us