Kicker Amp good enough?

Username: 8818

Cincy, Oh

Post Number: 1
I have a Kicker Comp VR 15' Dual 2ohm and im powering it with a kicker kx 400.2 and it's bridged i was wondering if you think its getting enough power? also if i have the the speaker ran parallel and then briged to the box does that mean its runnin 2ohm 4ohm or 1ohm?

Matt N.
Unregistered guest
Well a Kicker 400.2 has the capability to run at 200Wrms x2@2 ohms or 400Wrms x 1@4 ohms.

The way you describe your proposed wiring it would give you a 1 ohm load. Bad for your particular amp. You need to wire the positive from one coil to the positive terminal of the box. Then wire the negative of that same coil to the positive of the other coil. Lastly the negative of the second coil to the negative of the box. This will give you a 4 ohm load and keep your amp from blowing or catching on fire (yes, it can happen).

Now 400Wrms to a 15" kicker CVR sounds like a decent start to me. I looked up the specs and the 15" only wants 500Wrms so I would say you are there for safe wattage. If you are still having issues with power or sound, I would check all your connections and your wiring. After that, try tuning the system to the car and the rest of the stereo.

Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us