What do u think is louder

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 61
2 15inch alpine type R's or ID Maxx d4 12's? also 12inch type R's or 12 inch hx2? (1000 wattsub)?

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 89
well are you looking for plane out loudness, or do you want some SQ as well? ive heard the id maxx is a top notch SQ sub, id choose that over the apline subs anyday

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 117
me personally, i'd go with the 2 15's type r subs. and between the other two, i'd also stick with the type r 12's. i'm not a really big fan of the fosgate subs. i've had a couple fail on me before.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
i just want sumthing that will really dome! type R's ahve really good sq

Bronze Member
Username: 03exploder

Chattanooga, Tennessee U S of A

Post Number: 33
type r's will also pound preety good if you got the right wattage going to them =p

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 93
whats your price limit?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1451
The ID max will have better SQ and hit harder than ALL of those subs. Go ID Max if you can power them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
my amp is 1100 watt eclipse 2 channel adn the 15s are 500 watts rms..still think it will sound good?

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 85
Go with IDMAX you won't be disappointed

15" Type R : linear excursion - 16.5mm
cone area - 754 cm
air displacement - 12.44 L

12" IDMAX : linear excursion - 24.6mm
cone area - 545 cm
air displacement - 13.4 L

12" IDMAX displaces 1L more than a 15" Type R, meaning it hits harder, not to mention two IDMAXs are 2000 watts and two Type R 15 would be 1000 watts. IDMAX will have an advantage in SQ too.

You can run the the IDMAXs with that amp and it will probably push them to their xmax.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
ID maxx's are 1000 watts rms each! i need mroe power and im short on money! whats the rms for a 12inch brahma?

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 86
You only have 1100 watt amp though, or are you planning to get another one?

Brahmas have 1600 rms I believe. They will hit harder than IDMAX and they will sound great doing it.

I dunno why you need more power though, I am running one IDMAX 12" with 620 watts sealed. When I turn it up I feel like I am getting a back massage, and my ears kill me.

One 12" brahma would be great for the amp you have.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 130
A Brahma 12" can reach its Xmax with 600-900 watts, depending on the enclosure...They dont need 1600w each...that is just a thermal rating.

If you can give the brahma's enough power to reach XMax....A pair of brahma 12's would have a little more displacement (about 40.8 cm^3) than a pair of typeR 15's...thus a little more SPL...not much more though...BUT the pair of 12" Brahma's SQ would be WAY better!

I you have the cash to get Brahma's...I highly recommend them, or RE Triple X's....the X.X.X. would have even more displacment than the brahma's!

also if you get Brahma's or X.X.X.'s you may wanna think about putting them in about a 2.0cu ft vented enclosure...tuned to bout 30hz...(that would be great!)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us