Got 400 bucks to spend on sub/s, need opinions

Iwantbigbass
Unregistered guest
Here's the deal. I have a 1996 Jimmy, so I know room isn't going to be the problem for subs and boxs. What I want is a very loud loud loud system. I am not too concerned about sq, but I want good subs also, not ones that are loud and sound like crap. As of right now, I have 400 bucks, which I was thinking of spending on either: (2) 12's, (2) 15's, or 1 really good 12 or 15. I am open to any brand. I have been looking around reall hard, and I have read up on lot's of different subs. I have a few in mind, but I need opinions. And by the way, I recently bought a 180 amp h/o alt, so I don't have to worry about that.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 16
i would go with a 15'' adire barahama...its gunna be around $400 depends on were ya go, very awsome sub and lots of spl

Anonymous

Two 12" Rockford Punch HX2. They are about 120.00 a piece and they have SQ as well as SPL. Use the rest for a nice box. I would also recommend an MTX amp because they have nice ones.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 208
Agree with Steven. Adire Bramha 12 or 15.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 72
RExxx 15 or 18

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 212
RE is great...but out of the $400 price limit

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1440
The Brahma 15" and the RE X.X.X. 15" are around $440 retail, so both are past his price range. Honestly, for a one sub answer, I think either is worth saving $40 extra bucks for. I'd do the X.X.X. since you want loud, it's $435 plus shipping.

Iwantbigbass
Unregistered guest
I can go over 400 bucks, that's just the general area. So you guys think that a single Brahma or triple x would be louder than any other 2 subs I could get for around 400 bucks? Remember, sq isn't the biggest deal, I want it to hit hard, be able to go low, and be really loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us