Okay, need help/opinion on this setup

Silver Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 122
Well guyz, i'm selling my jeep along with it's system of solobarics L7's and RF amps.

Now, i'm on to a new system, I was wondering how you guyz thought this combination would work,

cd player:
Pioneer DEH P7600MP

SUBS:
2) Kicker 03CVR124 12" CompVR two compvr 12" subs

AMP: JBL GTO601.1 600 Watt Grand Touring Series ( Class D )
by JBL

Now how do you guyz this combination would work? one thing i am worried about is that each sub would get about 300 watts rms while its max are 400 rms. The other thing is that the head unit has only a 2.2 Volt preout. Whats your opinion on this? I am on a tight budget and this will run me about 620.00

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 361
cant you keep ypur old stuff or is it long gone...that prob what you meant but just checking to make sure

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
if you go with the kicker dual 2 ohmers you can run a mtx 6500d 775 rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
you could buy the kickers and the mtx 6500d on ebay

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
I'm really not too fond of auctions, and i can keep my old stuff, but its a real nice custom install and it would be sad to tear all that stuff out. Check it out on www.cardomain.com/id/danstan2

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
FUDGE, i can't find a good amp that will pump around 600 watts rms(or less than 800)at 4, 8, or 1 ohm, thats the only way I can wire the two Comp VR's just i can't find a good decent priced amp for the configeration, someone please help!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1450
JBl BP600.1 puts out 600W RMS at 1 ohm. It's regulated and puts out 600W RMS at either 2 or 1 ohm. Not that newer GTO you're looking at, though. You can also find a 2 channel amp that puts out 600-800 at a 4 ohm bridge, better SQ than a Class D mono.

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
nice install but id rip it out and save yourself some money

Bronze Member
Username: Ne0nblakk

Post Number: 11
You could always go with a Kicker KX800.2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help