Triple x 15

Anonymous

is that enough for me to feel it in my chest...and is it worth it to upgrade to the 18????

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1425
Plenty enough to feel it in your chest, more like blur your vision. Possibly cause damage to your eardrums if you're an aggressive user. You won't need the 18" if you use a good ported box on the 15" and a good amp. 150+ db

Anonymous

would you say that it is a good thing to spend the extra like 50 or whatever it id to get the 18...im not gonna want to compete every weekend or anything i just want it to be like the loudest in my town...there isnt much compettition just a little...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 119
the 15" would sound a bit cleaner than the 18"...

the 18" would be a bit louder, but the 15" is already VERY loud!!!

i have a single brahma 10" and its s unreal...a 15" Triple X should be VERY amazing!!!Power the 15" w/ a good amp and have it in a vented box, like johathan says...you prolly wont use the 15" to its full potential very often...

by the way, you said you want the loudest system around...what kinda systems are you looking to beat???

Anonymous

well there is a kid that i know that competes with a single w7 10 and he is hitting 152.8 i think and thats pry the only compettition...hes the guy that installs alll my stuff...

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 17
erm....triplex 15....should blow him outa the water lol

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 124
152 dB w/ a single 10" is good...well its really good...you sure thats not more like 142 dB???

did it have good SQ?

anyways the Triple X 15" should get you into the 150's...if you have a good install.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1427
If you do it right, you'll have no problem beating a 10W7 in SPL, if he hit 152, he must have the box tuned solely for SPL, it does sound a bit high, though, although it is possible. The 18" X.X.X. would rip him a new a$$hole, though. Not horribly muddy for an 18" sub, not going to be the greatest for SQ, but if you're after SPL, it'll give you more than could want. You can hit low to mid 150s with a 15" X.X.X if you do it right, though, 18 of course could be more. It's all about the enclosure and the power. Remember that if he installs your stuff, he obviously isn't going to build you a box that will blow his equipment out of the water. Just a thought...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us