Lights rattle

Username: Squanto

No, No Usa

Post Number: 3
my lights rattle like a mofo on my 94 seville. ive looked into dynamatting, but that stuff is expensive! my friend had the same problem on his saturn, and it was not solved by dynamatting.
my license plate used to rattle, but i fixed it by putting rubber washers on all the screws. im looking for a cheap fix like this if possible, but if not, thats ok too.
should i maybe take my car to a bodyshop, or an audio store?
im pretty sure its the lights not attached tightly enough, because when i push on the lights real hard the rattling stops almost completely. pushing on other parts of the trunk doesnt help.
ive read the faq on dynamatting and am looking for further help.
any help is greatly appreciated!

Bronze Member

No, No Usa

Post Number: 11
nobody?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 373
looks like you found your solution work on the lights

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 115
Yea, i'm basically right in your position as well. the filaments in the taillight bulbs give out really easy on my car. and so i did something about it. I padded it with some sponges, thick ones too. now, i don't know if this will work for you, but it worked for me. i haven't changed a lightbulb since putting it in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
i have a cool vibration at my headunit at the right frequency (i can see it shaking) lol I never had that before in previous sytems

Bronze Member

No, No Usa

Post Number: 16
wow thanks for the input sean. so helpful. and how is ur headunit vibrating on this subject?

on another note, thanks hiphopanonymous because u actually gave me good advice.

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
i was talking about my headunit because you were saying about strange vibrations and i miss read the post concerning the lights

Bronze Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 94
Nice frunjie.

With that attitude I'm sure people will be bending over backwards to give you a hand. I know I for one can't wait for an opportunity to help ya out.

-Fishy

Bronze Member

No, No Usa

Post Number: 27
Fishy:
Die.
I was referring to what appeared to be a sarcastic response to my question. I said my lights rattle, gave a description, and he goes "You found your solution, work on the lights." To me, that sounds like sarcasm. So I responded with sarcasm. But he later apologized saying he misread. But it's all resolved now, just a misunderstanding.

But thanks for your negative feedback when you weren't involved in the first place! I'm really glad you brought up this 3-week old post just to whine.

Next time why don't you try posting something constructive, instead of flaming random people when you're not even involved in the thread?

You're the one with the attitude problem. Thanks for wasting my time.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 112
Whatever you say. I'm new to these forums and your post was the first one I came across that was rather discourteous for whatever reason, but you're exactly right. I should have kept my mouth shut.

Have a Nice Day :-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member

No, No Usa

Post Number: 29
hey thanks for being so understanding. i dont mean to come off like a dickhead, just happens some times.... have anice day to you too.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 166
Ok guys, jeese. But frunjie, back to the subject, I had the same problem. I did dynamat, and it did help the trunk a lot, but my taillights still rattled a ton. So I took the whole taillight insert thing out and siliconed all the seems and put some dynamat around all the edges. The problem isn't the lights themselves, and I've never had a problem with the filaments, but the casing whole casing isn't sitting completely sealed in your trunk and it rattles agains the back of your trunk around the edges.

Bronze Member

No, No Usa

Post Number: 30
ahh. thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us