Please I need Help Rockford humming problem

Username: Revolix

Post Number: 1
okay, well i matched the wires to how things were done professionally and the wiring is correct. i have a 600 w 2 channel rockford fosgate amp with 2 12" p1 punch series subs. At first the people from best buy gave me the 4 ohm version of the speakers and i had bridged them to this amp. today i had called rockford because the amp had been getting very hot and when the music was on pause the gain about half way up would create this humming noise. they had told me that you cant bridge 4 ohms p1s to this amp you need the 8 ohm version. so i exchanged the speakers and hooked it up and the amp didnt get as hot but im still having the same humming problem. the subs are booming with no music and it sounds terrible and when i lower it so it stops the subs dont bump hard. the rockford people told me i may have damaged my amp the way i had it...so tomorrow im going to replace the amp with the same one and hook it up with the 8 ohms subs bridged and see if it works. can anyone tell me why its bumping like that without music? thanks id appreciate it...if this doesnt work im returning it all and buying the p1s with the 900 watt mono amp but id rather not any suggestions?

Post Number: 2
please guys can anyone help me out?

Post Number: 4
i need to know if my amps damaged or if theres something i can try before i bring it back tomorrow to replace it...oh btw my ground is underneath in my trunk (its an integra with the plastic top covering) so i can pull it up and underneath is the metal of my car which i drilled a hole attached the ground wire to a round connector and put a washer on top and screwed it in to the metal body

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1410
Sounds like an amp problem.

Post Number: 5
thanks im gonna go right now and get exact exchange

Post Number: 6
i fixed the problem the speakers were bridged wrong and the rca's had to be run on the other door panel away from the batt wire and the rem wire

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1439
That would explain it. Glad you got it fixed.

Post Number: 7
hey sorry for bringin this thread up again....i still get the hum but the subs work i think its the alternator because when i open the doors the auto seat belts move and then i hear the humming
and then i close the door and then the humming stops a little when the belt stops...any way i can fix this?

Username: Stevencarr

Arlington, TX United States

Post Number: 2
The humming sound is coming from your RCA wires, well not exactly coming FROM them but you have to run the RCA's from your radio to your amp away from any other wire because the electrical current passing through any other wire interferes with the current going through the RCAs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us