Car audio VETERAN NEEDED here, whos the best?

Username: Lostrookie

New Castle, PA United States

Post Number: 1
Im looking for a pro who knos a lot or just about everything about car audio. I just got 3 JL 10w3 v2s (300 W) and i have no idea what type of amp to buy. Ive seen all types of brands on the net with great prices like Pyle,Profile,Lanzar, Pyramid,Kole Audio, and a bunch of others but i see the prices and think they would probably overheat or catch a short or not last very long. I need to know how many watts i need and what brands to stay away from but still im only looking to spend $100-$120. You can IM me if u need to too b/c i have a lot of questions about car audio and i wanna learn more, sn:HoopZter42, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 511
Well all the names you listed above, will probably catch a short or overheat. If i was you i would wait for more money. You 3 JL W3's, those are gonna need a lot of power. I would try to get a 700 to 800 watt RMS amp if i could. JL would be your best bet but also to expensive. You may want to look into JBL, Rockford, or Kicker stuff. My friend has 2 12" W3's with a RF 500W RMS amp and the subs seem to take every bit of the 500W. THey sound good too! Well good luck

Post Number: 2
Yea i looked at JL, very expensive but ill save, thanks a lot for the help my man.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 115
if you the subs are DVC 4ohm or DVC 2ohm then i would go w/ a JBL600.1

its a great amp, and its way less expensive that a JL...i got mine for about $220 shipped

Post Number: 3
yea its 2 ohm, thats great i just need something that wont short out or overheat and shut off, that gets annoying

Post Number: 4
yea its 2 ohm, thats great i just need something that wont short out or overheat and shut off, that gets annoying

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1403
He's going to need more amp than that. W3v2s are 300W RMS, he'll need something around 900W RMS to power those. Saying your subs are DVC 2 ohm, your best bet is to wire each sub's voice coils in parallel, then wire each sub series to the amp for a 3 ohm load. I'd do a 3 ohm load, and a JBL 1200.1 amp to push the subs, it'll put out around 900W RMS at a 3 ohm load. Not terribly expensive in the right places, you could probably find one on ebay around $200 bucks. $100-120 really isn't going to get you a good amp for subs. That JBL 1200.1 is the best bet.

Anonymous

Any Internet sites that sell the 1200.1 kinda cheap? Thanks

Anonymous

Hey Jonathon, this the amp? Is that a fair price?

http://audiodiscounters.com/catalog.php?view=page&qtype=Amplifiers&qvendor=JBL&q product=BP1200.1&qcategory=Car+Audio

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1411
Bad link. Look for the JBL BP1200.1. Search ebay, you can find good prices there.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 68
http://audiodiscounters.com/catalog.php?qtype=Amplifiers&qvendor=JBL&ding=ASC&or der=price_sale&view=robot&x=49&y=11 I think this is the link Anon. meant. A little more than you want to spend. %329

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 69
here is a link to ebay for the JBL 1200.1 not much better though. Buy it Now for $300.00 + http://audiodiscounters.com/catalog.php?qtype=Amplifiers&qvendor=JBL&ding=ASC&or der=price_sale&view=robot&x=49&y=11

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 128
i didnt realize you said you had three w3v2's...the 600.1 would underpower them...

the 1200.1 would be a pretty good match though!

as for the link...its an ok price...its getting harder and harder to find JBL BP's, they are discontinued... i dont know why would JBL do something like that!!!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1449
They upgraded year models. They didn't just kick them out, just a newer model now. That's why they're so cheap.

Anonymous

how is the new GTO compare to the MP version of jbl?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1463
Not as good in my opinion. Look at the newer power series, the BPs were that good without the 900+ dollar price tag. S/N, distortion, etc. was better on the older amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us