Alpine Type R, Infinity Perfect 12.1D, or Vega Vmax 12

ChuckUpChuck
Unregistered guest
I've got the MTX 6500d 775w 2ohms. Which one of these would be best in a ported box. Is this amp too much for these subs? Was looking at the DVC models.

ChuckUpChuck
Unregistered guest
Anyone?

Username: Neonsound

Usa

Post Number: 2
i have a type r in a vented box which is wired to 2 ohms. A 800w audiobahn amp is running it. It sounds clear and it hits hard. I have heard good things about the dvs but i am not familiar with the vega max. I do know the type r's will handle that amp and they sound good in a vented or ported box.

Chuck04
Unregistered guest
So will the Perfects or the Type Rs hit HARD in a sealed box with my MTX 6500d?

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 87
personally i think the vmax is a better sub than the other two. you'd be over powering them but just dont go overkill on the volume and you'll be fine. you might want to consider 2 15" vmaxs if you have the cash/space in your car. whats your price limit and what kind of vehicle is it going in? are you looking for more SQ or SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 358
the vega 12s would be good single voice coils that would give you a two ohm load and yes youd have to watch the gains but the 15's would be perfect power wise (12's are tighter 15's are lil looser but hit lower)

Chuck04
Unregistered guest
Only have room for 1 12 And I'm on a budget for a while. I could go SVC 4ohm or DVC 2 or 4ohm. I realize 600-700w is a lot for any of these subs. But I can be carfull...especially in a sealed box. Don't want to spend more than $150 Already have a 1.25 Cu Ft sealed box also. I know none of the subs I listed are horrible. Just wanted to know the best in that budget. There's lot more like a Shiva 12 or an RF P3. Orion P12, Kicker CompVR 12, Diamond CM3 12. I could go on and on. But I just want one, and the best one for my amp. Dayton, RE, Image Dynamics, Directed, Memphis! See, to damn many choices.

But I'm leaning toward the Vmax or the Perfect 12.1, and you guys gotta help me decide. Unless there's something I've missed(besides Audiobahn,Profile,Boss,Volfenfag,SoundStorm,Sony,Lightning,Pyramid,Precision, and anything SQUARE).

Chuck04
Unregistered guest
Anyone???

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 216
Chuck man....sounds like you've got it figured out to me....you know what sucks and what doesn't. I don't think either of those choices would be bad. SQ probably better on the Infinity. Everyone in here raves about the Vmax.
You can't go wrong either way!

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 370
i love the sq on the infinitys but they pound hard enough spl wise too one advantage is a smaller box with the infinitys over the vmaxes i believe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us