Few Simple Questions

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 12
Should i have a ported or sealed box for my two aw1000q audiobahn subs? Second, would it have more pounding bass if i put the cone face in or face out? Third, when an amp says it can take 2x600W@2Ohm(stereo) whats the stereo mean?

Thankx

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 13
sorry, forgot to say that i love to be head, and i love spl over sq

Bronze Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 77
Ok, first, put the audiobahn in a slot ported box, as big as the specs say it can be, and have it tuned from 35 - 40hz. Audiobahn subs have horrible sq, but they do get very loud in the right ported boxes. Second, mount the sub inverted. You probably got the audiobahn because of it's looks, so why not show it off. And with if inverted, you can get more cubic feet out of the box, since your sub isn't in it. Third, I think, don't quote me on this, but the stereo it is for component speakers. I think. As in, you wouldn't run a stereo output to a sub. But I could be wrong.

Bronze Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 15
Well i check on the slot and the manufactures specs say nothing about a sloted port, just says use a 3''x8'' port tuned to 35 Hz. I already have a box built out of 3/4 mdf, 10x12x24, and is sealed atm, im not runnign it yet i just want to know what i should do to get the most bass, if anyone could tell me how i cold do it that would be great thankx

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 247
http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

thank link should help you determine the proper port sizes and whatnot....

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1415
3" round is a really small port, even for a 10" sub. If that 10x12x24 is external, you really need a larger box if you're looking for SPL. Consider a slot port, around 12x3", you can use WinISD to determine best freqs. for SPL, I'd tune around 35. Build box size for SPL, should be around 2 cu ft net. That'd move some air.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us