Head unit wiring

Username: Carr16v

Post Number: 3
Hi,I,ve just finished wiring in my amp to the car. I have a sony head unit and I've used the blue wire to control the amp on and off. Problem is the amp only works with the radio on. When I change the source to cd or tape the power is turned off to the amp. I know that this wire can also be used to power the electric aerial. So I'm thinking thats set to power an aerial, so that when I change from radio it turns power off to let the aerial back down. Is there a way around this. I put my JVC headunit in and works fine. Can anyone shed some light on the situation.

Many Thanks Keith Carr

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 397
you used the wrong wire.
use the "remote" wire not the "power antenna" wire to trigger the amplifier.

problem solved.

Username: Carr16v

Post Number: 4
Can you tell me what wire or colour this wire is? I don't have a wiring diagram for it anymore.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 420
power antenna is blue
remote is blue with white trace

or vice versa.
I forget on Sony.. I try to avoid anything they make.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
it should be the other blue wire coming out the back of the stereo.
this is true for most aftermarket decks but i know sony's for a fact have a solid blue for rem antennae which you are currently hooked onto and there should be another blue one with a white stripe and thats for the rem amp turn on and thats the one you really want.
jay

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
it should be the other blue wire coming out the back of the stereo.
this is true for most aftermarket decks but i know sony's for a fact have a solid blue for rem antennae which you are currently hooked onto and there should be another blue one with a white stripe and thats for the rem amp turn on and thats the one you really want.
jay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us