Finally done!!

Bronze Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 21
my gfs car is finnnnally done, it has been a pain in the ace lol

final project

elcipse 3434 hu
nice eclipse door speakers running off Kole audio amp (cheap i know but it does the job)
mtx 6500 amp
2 12" VMax
Proboxrocks ported box
factory tweeters
pioneer 6*9s in the back for some cheap fill

what do you guys think how will it sound

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 505
Do you have a picture?

Bronze Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 22
ill take one once i get the box installed thats the missing link right now

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1407
It'll be pretty good. Are the Eclipses in the doors components or coaxials? Here's what I'd have changed, not trying to be mean:

Forgotten the 6x9s in the rear. Rear speakers are pointless and are money wasted that could have been invested on other components(like a better front amp).

Spend the extra cash on better front components(if you bought coaxials), possibly used the factory location for component tweeter.

Gotten something different than a Probox if you want SQ. You'll also need a subsonic filter because you'll kill the subs if you don't use one and play really low bass. They're loud, but they're tuned at 45 hz, so loud is about it. Anything below 45 hz the sub will start to unload, and if allowed to go too low, the sub will have overexcursion and will eventually kill itself if you give it too much power. I prefer lower tuning in the 28-35 hz region.

Don't mind my pickiness. Overall I think it'll sound nice. There are just things that I would have personally done differently.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 23
the 6X9's were in the car already so i just left them in

the front speakers are coaxial
if i add a tweeter to coaxials is that worse than getting components?

the probox isnt official i just got the quote is there a best box for spl and sq? If anyone else has suggestions that dont involve a 350 dollar custom box im all ears

and i need to get a subsonic filter what kind do you recommend for my setup? and how much does that cost to get installed

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1416
Not good boxes for sound quality, due to the high tune. They're built to get loud, that's about it. You'd get better results building your own or having someone build one for you. Do you want more SQ, or SPL, or a good mixture of both? I'd do about 2 cu ft tuned to 30 hz for sound quality, with a 20 hz subsonic filter, 2.5 cu ft tuned to 35 hz for SQ/SPL, 30 hz subsonic filter. Adding a tweeter with coaxials can be good depending on how you install them, I'd attenuate them and use them solely to raise the soundstage. Personally, I'd get a component system over coaxials, better SQ due to a better crossover, less interference between the drivers, less chance of resonance, better midbass, etc. Harrison labs FMods are good for subsonic filters, don't cost anything to install, they simply plug between the RCA cable and the input of the amp. 20-30 bucks for a pair of them.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 24
i want a balance between sq and spl what should i pay max for a custom box?

what are some good places to get one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us