Polyfil question

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 236
is there anything that would work similar to polyfil in a small box for a pair of 6x9s? sometime like a towel or a t-shirt...cotton balls, what about those foam peanuts you get in packages? i've got ALOT of foam peanuts, i just need something cheap, from around the house, the 6x9s are going in my room and being run off a piggybacked receiver...my room systems badas$ i love it

Bronze Member
Username: Cocotaso

Queens, Ny

Post Number: 17
i would also like to know how that works...in my car i have 2 6/9 in a sep.. boxes would it sound better with something like that in it

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 341
no you need to fix the insulation down but they should be fine without insulation ps....you do know they are 4 ohm speakers and your reciever isnt designed to go that low (designed for 8 ohm loads) most of them anyway

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1399
Either go to Walmart and get pillow stuffing, or cut up an old pillow you have laying around (make sure it's not a feather pillow, won't be too pretty :-) )

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
lol

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 237
on the back of the receiver it says 4-8 ohm loads, so i'm figuring its alright, i'm not gonna be having it loud for too long or anything that would cause the receiver to shut dowm, i tested the speakers with the receiver i'm using them with and the receiver didnt shut down or anything...since it says 4-8 ohm i'm just gonna go with it...does that pillow stuffing thing work it i staple it down?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1409
Pillow stuffing and polyfill are the exact same thing, polyfill is just marketed differently so they can get more money out of it. Your reciever will work if it says 4-8 ohm load.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 245
good to know, thanks guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
your welcome but if you have to switch your reciever like on a jvc i think it was then do that to match 4 ohms (4 or 8 ohm switch) im a home audio buff too lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us