I need advice please

Anonymous

I have a amp that puts out 750 watts rms. I want two 12"s and i was thinking about getting two cerwin vega v-max subs. They will put out 600 watts rms together and 1800 watts rms. How will this sound ? I want a lot of bass? If you don't think this is a good setup could u recommend another one that you would this is better. I want to keep the two subs under 400. This would only cost me 170 if i get it off onlinecarstereo.com. Thanks in advance for the advice

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Well, what amp is it? Then you can be directed on what model Vmax, the SVC or DVC. Their power rating in wattage isn't what they put out, it's what they will accept. Each sub wants 300w RMS.
As far as the sub goes, the Vmax the best value dollar for dollar out there. Good clean hard hitting sub. If you're on a budget, the Vmax is a good route. Of course if you're willing to spend $200 each per sub, there are better ones out there...

Anonymous

The amp is an MTX road thunder 2400x. I could spend more if I need to. What u do umean by the power rating isn't what they put out, its what they accept? Does that mean they can put out more or less?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 340
he was speaking abot the rms rating of the vega vmaxes per sub ....together they can handle 600 rms for the 12s or you can go with the 15s they handle 800 rms together so if you can go 2 ohms bridged buy two single voice cool 12's or 15's but if you go with the 12's set your gains down a little otherwise the 15's are safe

Anonymous

Okay, thanks for the advice. I may go w/ the 2 15s or there is something else I am looking at. Orion makes them, and I haven't heard anything bad about them. They make the xtr 12D. They are 250 watts each which would match up perfect for my amp. The reason im upgrading is because my current subs are in a sealed box but all three subs share the same space. There is no wall between them. I think this is keeping them from hitting as hard.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 342
if your subs are bridged in that box then the divider isnt needed .......who knows maybe we can save you money here let me know what subs you have and the demesions of your box and maybe we can build a new box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us