Kove Armageddon Z12D ???

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 164
Anyone know anything about this sub. Is it just an SPL monster or is does it have good SQ also??

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 243
kove helped make my lanzar dc's i think(the original lanzars). They are more known for spl but you can make them sq if you really want to cuz i know a guy who ran a kicker square 12 for an sq vehicle so if he can win with that (and he did more than once) and make it sound good then you sure can with a kove.

Silver Member

Post Number: 299
fng did you get the kove

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 181
I'm sure considering it? I've got a deal to get one for liek $200 shipped. I don't know if it will overpower my little compact car since I just have stock speakers...don't know if that shold be a concern or not.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1385
The guy that used L7s for "SQ" used them for VERY low bass, he had round subs up front in kicks for the detailed part. He did L7s mainly to get SPL for IASCA events. Of course, Kicker is going to neglect to mention that on their website, they make them out to be great SQ subs. I've heard the Koves for a little while, not too experienced, but mainly an SPL sub. Not SQ inclined. I've also heard a LOT of people mention they're unreliable, burnt voice coils even with rated power being a huge problem, but these were the earlier models.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1386
That's if you're talking about the IASCA competitor on the Kicker website, by the way. You may be talking about someone totally different.

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
this guy i met was from new york very nice guy we talked for a while and he was competing in slap this month at york pa he was running alpine amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
in other words sounds like a different guy jon the guys at the shop that sponsored it (which i worked at for a while) sorta made fun of him using a kicker l7 12 for sq but i say hey if it sounds good use it and trust me i heard it it does sound great altogether system wise

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
he had one single l7 12

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1389
Yeah, the IASCA guy was on the Kicker site, he used multiple L7s. Figured it was prob. a different guy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us