Help with system...Jonathan, Glasswolf?

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 71
I have been impressed with what people have said about V-max's and have all but decided to get 2 10"s. I also think ill go with a kicker kx400.1 or an mtx 421d amp. but this is the last chance to change my mind, if there are any subs better out there in about the same price range that dont take a bunch of RMS (I dont want to have to get a h/o alternator) please let me know. My car is a 2000 diesel golf, so i think it has a little better of an alternator than most cars stock.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
somebody help me im gonna die and then die again.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 682
Ok

Xtant Z series from www.sounddomain.com
HE subs off ebay.
Orion C series DVC 2 ohms.

Those subs you have or dvc 4 ohm so those amps you have listed are not really gonna work for you. You can either wire those subs at 4 or 1 ohms. Both of those amps get their full potential at 2 ohms. Ive answer you for what kind of amp in your other post. If you get any of the above subs that I mentioned you can use the amps you have mentioned. If you decide to go with the v maxs look on my other post for recommend amps.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 252
move up to 1 12 or 1 15 vega v max and your set with either amp.... but youll have a little deeper bass with the 12 still with tight bass and with the 15 a little deeper yet but not as tight as the 12

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
The 12 handles 300 rms and the 15 handles 400 rms but if you go with the 12 just turn the gain down on the amp less draw on your alternator anyway that way.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 170
Just make sure you get the 10" SVC David. I think you've got a good choice, good setup. For the money I can't think of much better....

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
i think one 10 will be little light but if you really want to go with the 10 idea get two single coil v maxes

heres a link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3291&item=5717651251&rd=1

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
if you want bump for the money with those amps dont go one 10 inch v max talking from experience here (16 yrs) with car audio stuff

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 177
He said 2 10s up top...

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
if he gets two he doesnt want dvc bud.......and i replied what i did before cuz it looked like you were telling him to go with one 10 dvc (smiles)

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
thats if the subs were talking about fng are dual 4 ohms each two dual 4 ohm v maxes wouldnt wire to 2 ohms mono which is what he needs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
so i guess if i got two 10 inch v-max's with svc's and a 400ish watt amp id be set? I basically want to outperform my brother both in SQ and SPL, he has one cerwin vega HED 15 on a lanzar vibe 4 hundred something watt in a sealed enclosure...sibling rivalry.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
oh, how are the cerwin vega it10.0's?
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/discountsonline/ceveit10su.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 279
i dont think two 10s will beat a 15 but if you go with one 15 inch v max you should beat him and you will have more true power with the kicker amp than his lanzar vibe amp (those vibes are over rated power wise and not as clean trust me) my opinion...go with one v max 15 dual 4 ohm

Silver Member

Post Number: 280
go with the 15 v max and the kicker amp. plus i think one 15 v max was chaper than the two 10 v maxes and the one you just asked about........let me know if you beat your bro and how it sounds (i know youll like it)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
his vibe is only putting something like 200w RMS into his sub, plus its an HED not a vmax so its 200RMS. but anyway, sean you think 1 15 would sound nicer than 2 10"s?

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
yes trust me ive been through 8s 10s 12s 15's and 18's too and once you have a system you want it loud hehe but the tens will be tighter but not as loud

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
oh, well what if i put 500 watts off of a hifonics brutus into 2 12 inch v-max's, or would that be too much underpowered.

Silver Member

Post Number: 283
what kind of car do you have and how much room to put the subs in

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
i have a 2000 vw golf turbodiesel. there is some pretty substantial room in the trunk, i think theres 18 cubic feet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
you got the room but to power two of these 12 we need a different amp than the hifonics the ohm load isnt right we can go with a differnt amp if you like

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
my only fear of going above 500w RMS is dimming. I think since its a diesel its sposed to have a good alternator, I could take a stab and guess the alternator is 120amps. But yeah, we could go with another amp, what would you suggest, and do you think itd dim.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
man do you have AIM cause thatd make this easier. my screenname is blindc1rca.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
my bad i was wrong we can use the hifonics amp lack of sleep hehe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us