Adire shivas

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 230
Thinking of getting 2 12" adire shivas, anyone got any reveiws,i saw a video from there site with 60watts to it and the things got massive excursion, think it would perform well at 400rms, its rated 650rms...

also...box ideas for the dual 12's, looking ported

Bronze Member
Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 36
if i remember, glasswolf told me to runs them 300-400 watts apiece and to put them in a 4 cubic foot total box tuned to 35 hertz.....

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 250
think 1.9 per sub was sound quality box on them. So 3.80 cf total internal volume. Place one inch of fiberglass insulation in (except the board where the subs drop in) and you should be good for displacement of the subwoofers and ports 35 hz sounds good

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 167
Sounds about right, he told me 2.0 Cu ft. but it should be fine either way

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 31
I run 2 Shivas with a Jbl 600.1 and in a 1.5 cu. ft. sealed box. they reach full excursion with 300 watts going to them in a 1.5 sealed. I havent had ne problems with mine and they sound great. you can't go wrong with these subs and i guarentee you wont be disappointed.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 233
so you think it'd be ok to run them at 400rms (i'd be easy on the gains obviously) in a 2cuFT per chamber sealed box with about 2LBS of polyfill per chamber? I've got an Audiobahn A8002t which will put out 400x2 @ 2 ohms, for an audiobahn amp, it does surprisingly well with SQ...

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 234
the 2CuFt is after i add the tuned ports...anyone got any dimentions i could use for this, i dont feel like dealing with math right now

Silver Member

Post Number: 300
youd be makin the box 2.40 cf without the ports and sub displacement adding the 2 inches of fiberglass insulation which is eqivelent to two pounds of polyfill

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
each chamber

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 238
you can use insulation in a ported box? i always thought that it didnt work...

MEXXX
Unregistered guest
35hz is way to high of a Fb for Shiva's. If your looking for pure SQ that will play a near flat response down to around 19hz, than do what I did(kinda).

For 2 Shiva's you need 4cu.ft a piece tuned to 22hz. I know thats a big box, thats why I have 4 Shiva's in a 2 pair isobaric setup. This allows the box to be half the size required by 2 Shiva's and it handles twice the power.

Now you wont take home any SPL trophies with this design, but it will sound amazing and play lower than anything else on the street

Also, I opted to use 2 15" PR's instead of ports to save space.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 72
For Shiva box designs and recommendations goto www.adireaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us