What amp with 2 Eclipse titanium 10"?

Username: Rob22

Post Number: 1
What is the perfect amp(s) for two eclipse titanium 10" subwoofers?

My installer is trying to sell me the ORION 1200D, but that only rates 1 x 425 watts @ 4 Ohm, and the eclipse Sw9102 is rated as 750 watts RMS @ 4 Ohms.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 9
those r dual 4's right, if so you will want a mono amp that is stable to 1 ohm. the orion amp is stable down to 1 ohm it will work cuz it puts out 1200 watts at 1 ohm. here r some other amps that u can look at for less money, I would suggest a hifonics brutus, BX1500D, or a JBL 1200.1. Both are great amps for the money. They both run around 300 shipped on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 168
Rob, the 1200D is a mono Amp, and the SW9102 is a 2 channel amp. This is normal for a 2 channel amp to have more power at 4ohms. T

The mono amp has less power @ 4ohms but higher power at 2 and 1 ohm.

Those subs have 750w RMS power handling. You can wire them 2 different ways @ 1ohm power and @ 4ohm power. The SW9102 will put out 750W total only 375W per sub.

If you go with the 1200D it puts out 1200w @ 1ohm, thats 600w per sub. Much more power to those subs, they will hit harder.

I would think 375w would be underpowering those subs.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 169
Rob. Eclipse Titanium is a premium sub, don't use a Hifonics amp on them. The JBL 1200.1 is fine. Also look at the MTX 1501d, but the Orion Amp is good.

Post Number: 2
would one orion 1200D be enough to power both subs?

What about a JL 1000/1, or two JL 500/1s?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 175
The orion would be enough, but to be honest, the Kicker 1200.1 would be better. Most of them are over rated. They certify at like 1400w RMS. That would by my choice if I were you, or Like I said the MTX 1501d. Both would give full power to sub. +/- 40-50 watts. The Orion would give 600 each. JL's are way overpriced.

Post Number: 3
that Orion is like $8-900 retail. I have one jl500/1... what would be easier if I could do a dual 500/1 configuration for the two 10" Eclipse Titaniums.

Post Number: 4
bump

Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 10
that would work just get another jl 500/1. cuz those amps really do put out quite a bit more than said.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1396
I'd do another 500/1 if you're looking to save money. Great amps, and great sound quality. The JBL and Hifonics amps are good for the money, but with a sub as good as a Titanium, you'll want an amp with better sound quality, which the JBL and Hifonics aren't the best at. A 500/1 would underpower the sub, but I highly doubt you'll push two Titaniums to their limits in everyday driving, and you already have one 500/1. The MTX wouldn't work as the Titaniums are DVC 4 ohm only, you'd need a 1 ohm capable amp, or an amp that puts out the recommended power at 4 ohms, which the MTX doesn't do either of. Ideally, I'd power both subs with an Eclipse DA7232, but that amp doesn't come cheap. Very well built and sound quality is excellent, though. The Titaniums are underrated, I've seen people push them 1000W RMS everyday without a problem at all.

Username: P_i

Post Number: 10
what's the MSRP on that DA7232? Why is the eclipse dealer pusing Orions if the eclipse amps are so good?

Let me guess, he makes a bigger profit margin on the orions?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 343
i think the orions are better for bass at least the old school was over the ecplises we used to carry in our shop i worked at

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1400
Old school Orions were great (such as the SX), newer ones suck in comparison. Commercialized by Directed and riding on a reputation ever since. Eclipse amps are built exceptionally well, and are a good value, and because of this the Orions will give the bigger profit margin, because Orions use less quality materials and invests less time in the product. Eclipse has improved even more since their earlier stuff if that tells you anything, sean, great stuff :-), I'm sure you can guess how good the build quality is if you dealt with the older stuff. Can't remember MSRP for the Eclipse 7232, online it's around $1200, like I said, not a cheap amp by any means.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us