Confused..

MyNameIsNoOne
Unregistered guest
ok, here is whats up. i recently came into some money, quite a bit actually, and i wanna do a signifigant bass upgrade to my car. i was looking at subs, and came across one of these... i wanna add 2 of these to my car, but im completely at a loss for how to power these bad boys...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ez2/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?ItemKey=10061283&Cate goryDesc=Team%20RF%20Subwoofers

any ideas?

Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 8
well how much money do ya actually have to spend on your amps?

MyNameIsNoOne
Unregistered guest
i have about 11,000 to spend on this all

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 67
wow with that kind of money you can have an insane system. those fosgate subs arent worht it. if you tell me your vehicle i can make some recomendations.

MyNameIsNoOne
Unregistered guest
i have a 95 civic

Anonymous

jeeze that kind of money u can hook your car up with everything.....maybe 2 13 w7 2 jl 1000/1....tight alpine head unit with a flip out screen...i have idea for componets... have a custom fiberglass box...some mpore tv's high output alternator... dynamat the whole car.....uhhhh thats about all i can think....thats pry not even close to 11000 but its a start....dont pay retail for all the stuuf

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 68
well id say get 2 12 or 15 reaudio xxxs or adire audio brahmas in a sealed box since you truck isnt huge then get 2 high power amps like jbl kicker mtx fosgate zapco or jl. with the large funds you have get jl or zapco. if you use a sealed box you need to give them alot of power so i say give them 1000 to 1200 watts each. with all of this power upgrade you alternator and get a battery.

you will have plenty of money left so you could get some of the best components out there. get focal utopias or something dynoaudio. then power them with a solid amp.

you will actually have plenty of money left over and will have a system that will rip your ears off and sound good doing it.

Anonymous

There are many better subs than those rockford ones. Do you want pure sound quality that can get loud, or huge bass that sounds good?

With that budget, I would search for a nice HU that you like like an alpine or pioneer.

Get two 15" X X X OR Two 12" IDMAX if you want to sacrafice SPL for SQ.

Two Zapco Reference 1100.1 amps

New alt, another battery, cap, box

Focal Utopia components

Zapco reference 350.2 for components, assuming you don't use rear speakers.

That would all run you at around $6000. If you have enough room and you get the 15" X X Xs you could get some midbass speakers since the 15" won't sound as good at higher frequencies than a 12".

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1370
For head units, look into Eclipse, Alpine, and Pioneer Premier.

For Component speakers, look into Dynaudio, Focal, Rainbow(if you can find them), MB Quart, JL Audio ZR, CDT.

For Subwoofers, look into Resonant Engineering X.X.X. series, Adire Audio Brahmas, Eclipse Titaniums, Image Dynamics ID Max, JL Audio W7, some other great ones out there as well. 2 12s of any of these subs are more than capable of literally blowing your eardrums out and would hit as hard as you ever want them to, you won't really use any to their full potential, so personally I think you should choose from a sound quality standpoint. Those RF subs are purely SPL and sound like absolute crap, plus require a lot of power. If you want SPL, look into Resonant Engineering MTs.

For Amplifiers, Zapco, Arc Audio, McIntosh, JL Audio, Eclipse, and many more are excellent.

With that budget, I'd also recommend 1/3 octave equalizers. With a 95 Civic, you're not going to have a lot of room for huge amps or subs. You may can fit two sealed 12s, but you'll be squeeking it out and it's about as far as you can go. You'll also need an upgraded alternator as factory Honda alternators just suck honestly. No way it'll handle any decent amount of amplifier power.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 232
i say you take 10 grand, put it into a car other then a civic, then put 1k into the new system for the car...

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 498
I like Jeff's idea. Sell the Civic get something else (you could mabey find a Lexus or something. I think that your nuts to put anything over 2 or 3 grand into a audio setup in a car (unless your doing it strictly for Competition or Touring around the USA with a show car). But you shouldnt get to carried away with a system (for everyday driving) because IF the car or components of the car get stolen, you will be out 11K.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1377
I'd rather have a quality system in an everyday driver, but that's just me :-) I prioritize having a system that makes me happy rather than a judge whose ears may be totally different than mine, although winning in IASCA would make me ecstatic. He really doesn't have to spend anything near 11,000 for a great system, most of mine was free ;), but I could have gotten the components for under $4000 online easily, that's with close to retail prices. I probably could have come to around $3000 if I took my time. The only thing he'd want is more SPL than I have (I'm not a big SPL guru)via another sub, building a ported box, possibly another amp, etc. He could spend $4000 and get truly fantastic equipment, and have $7000 left over to do as he pleases with.

Bronze Member
Username: Tom_k

Post Number: 13
Jonathon,you got aol messenger,or MSN Messenger? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us