Koda or Brahma?

Bronze Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Post Number: 82
What would be louder and have better sq with 500 watts, 2 ten inch kodas or 1 twelve inch brahma.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 159
Well, 500W to a Brahma is good in a 2.1 Cu Ft ported box. According to specs. Jonthan???

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1356
The Kodas would work better with 500W RMS. Just the surface area increase and the excursion capabilities, the Koda 10s would net more SPL in a similar situation. A Brahma can reach full excursion with 500W RMS at 20 hz, that's in a 2.25 ported box tuned to 30 hz(so the driver is unloaded when it's hitting x-max), but that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll have the most SPL it's capable of just because it's at X-Max. I'd do the 10s if you want a little more SPL, SQ would be similar, although the Brahmas do have an edge on SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
do you think i would benefit at all from putting 2 koda 8's back their with the 10's, putting lets say, 75 watts a peice?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
with all of that and the adire component set which would be another 200 watts i dont know if it would work or not. I think the amps on the car i am going to get are only going to be 80. What should i do without?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1363
The 10s would drown out the 8s, you may get a little more SPL, but personally I think you should upgrade to two 12s if anything. I can't remember if the Koda 12s have come out yet, though.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 229
i dont beleive the koda 12's have been released yet....still not possitive

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 247
yeah id go with the 12's instead of adding the 8's too. The 10s will sound too close to the 8s. If i was using the 8's id set them up as midbass and use the pair of 12's for the low end would be nice full bass that way

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
the 12's have not been released yet

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1375
I was kinda thinking that as I haven't seen them anywhere, even online. He could do a single 12" Brahma or a single 15" Brahma, and take the money he would have spent on the 8s and amp for those, and dedicate it to a more powerful amp. The 15" Brahma still has excellent sound quality, more SPL than the two Koda 10s as well, a single 12" Brahma with a good amount of power would have a close SPL to the two Kodas, not to mention that it would drop lower and have better sound quality. That's what I would do personally. How much money can you spend on this, Chris?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
i can spend plenty of money, i know that the brahma would be better, but they take more wattage. Above i mentioned that the car the i plan on getting only as an 80 amp alternator and i need suggestions on what can go with that if you dont like the 8's.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1379
It may be easy enough to find an alternator, whichever car you plan to get. go to www.mralternator.com and see if your car is listed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
it would have to be for a scion xb, that is what my plan right now to get is. It is not listed on mr alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
do you know a place where i could get one for a scion xb?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1426
Honestly, I don't know, they're not the most common cars on the road. You'll have to look around, mralternator may be able to build you one, but I'm not sure, you'll have to email them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
i think i will just stick with stock. What do you think would woork with the 80 amps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us