Please help Glass or Jon, I don't know whats wrong with my sub

Doug
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" Alpine type S SWS-1241D subs and a jbl bp600.1 amp. I have my subs wired to 4 ohms. The amp puts out 150x2 at 4 ohms and my subs hold 200 watts RMS, so it shouldnt have blown my sub right? Only 1 of the subs that isn't working. The other one works perfectly fine but my other sub doesn't have any sound coming out of it at all. Its like it's not even on. Both subs worked when I bought them. Can anybody tell me whats wrong?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 221
maybe your wire on the back of the box came off check that first or the wire inside the box came off.....basically check all wiring

doug
Unregistered guest
I unplugged and plugged back in all wiring. It still didn't work

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
you took thew subwoofers out and checked to see if they were still connected?

Doug
Unregistered guest
yeah my subs are wired like this to 4 ohms

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

Plus the sub that isn't working is the one on the left. The sub on the right is the one that is working, so I know there isn't anything wrong with the wiring because if there was the right one wouldn't be working either. Could they be blown?

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
sounds like it but test the the potential bad sub with an ohm meter then youll no

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 50
check you rca jacks on the back of the h/u. 1 may have come unplugged.

you can take the wiring off the right hand sub and wire it to the left to check your left hand sub, if it plays then, you know it isn't the sub.

Doug
Unregistered guest
Today when I was messing around with my wiring I switched which voicecoil the wires were connected to and my sub started working. It sounded fine but it wasn't very loud. Does that mean I blew a voicecoil and can that be fixed or is there anything I could do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us